Senior Electrical Engineer
In this role, you have the opportunity to
- work on design, implement, and sustain key electrical components of transducers development and releasing the design to the manufacturing to meet customer’s requirement.
- be a key technical contributor by leading problem solving efforts in the product development working closely with a cross-functional teams of marketing, engineering, supply chain, quality, and liaising closely with Philips’ international supply base
- be responsible for leading the R&D’s electrical design tasks related to specify, design, develop, and modify electrical module/components of our transducer products and/or sub units, and releasing the developed product to manufacturing following company’s development/QMS processes
- lead the effort to complete tasks related to plan, design, review, implementation, verification & validation testing, and deliver results on time and on target.
You are responsible for
- Working as a senior technical contributor in design and development of electrical components such as FPC, cables assembly, and PCBA in our transducers collaborating with R&D and other functional team members proactively;
- Solving challenging technical problems in electrical component design such as circuit design (FPC, Cable Assembly and PCA) where analysis and resolving of situations or data requires a solid evaluation of various factors;
- Exercise skills and leveraging strong experience in techniques problem solving in FPC design, cable assembly development by working with suppliers to resolve MFG processing issues to deliver results with consistency and meet quality. Practice solid planning and risk mitigation to best achieve first time right; Apply demonstrated skills to deliver electrical component development tasks on target.
- Develop/complete technical specifications of EE component with drawings that include adequate and sufficient details for quality assurance. Deliver the specs/drawings of the components (FPC, PCB, PCBA, and Cable Assembly) with good quality using EE tools (MenterGraphics, CAD, etc).
- Leading the effort to release the developed transducers to manufacturing following our release and quality control process of transducer development.
- Capable of working with suppliers on specifications, planning, and delivering key component to meet functional, quality, and cost target.
- Coordinating effort in related functions to deliver results on time and on target with capability of planning, scheduling, and tracking development effort from start to finish.
- Working with project management and key team members for sound judgment and making decisions.
- Pro-actively seeking out, learning, applying and sharing with others new technical skills on an ongoing basis.
- Under reasonable guideline, capable of following product/transducer creation processes and change procedure, understand and capable of work through development phases, complete assigned deliverables, participate in phase reviews processes
- Responsible for the assigned tasks’ quality of work, reliability, schedule (if appropriate), cost and delegation of tasks on one or more modules.
- Utilizing theoretical modeling techniques and can apply complex design patterns to well defined problems in delivering solid results in
Lead the effort in completing technical challenges of design and development of electrical modules for our transducers/sensors in new product development project. This includes FPC, PCB, cable assembly, and/or any other electrical components used in transducers. Support electrical module upgrade, debug, optimization, cost reduction, quality improvement in product lifecycle management Championing in following quality control process in development from end to end, leading a team effort in translate technical requirements into product concepts and electrical designs; Design and test the modules or components, to ensure reliable and efficiency Support Robot, T-Flex, PTS test equipment for maintenance, upgrade, operators training Build and release reconnected transducers/products Support and participate in Philips localization and cost reduction projects and conduct electrical components and transducers testing.
You are a part of
Product development team and report to Sr. R&D manager, you will also have closely interactions with other function teams, like PMO, solution team and customer delivery team.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Requires colleague or Bachelor’s degree or higher in Electronic/Electrical Engineering, or EE; Solid experience in medical and product development under a strict regulatory environment is a plus
- Minimum 5 year of work experience in the field of Electrical Design Engineering or EE, developing electrical components (such as circuit design with FPC, Cable Assembly, PCB) for consumer products, experience with layout a plus
- Demonstrated skills in technical and product development’s problem solving; Experienced in leading technical team to solve various technical issues in logical way.
- Good understanding of modern electrical engineering tools, methods, processes; experience with electrical test equipment, have electrical manufacturing process knowledge and experience
- Capable of optimizing design work by electric circuit simulation tool.
- Demonstrated history of solid occupational ethics
- Ability to work effectively in development projects; ability to operate independently with reasonable supervision; technical skill for issues resolving and troubleshooting
- Requires some product-level knowledge of ultrasound transducers and some knowledge in a variety of specialties; some clinical knowledge is a plus.
- Good verbal and written communication skills. Able to effectively communicate and/or present complex technical issues to engineers and managers
- Knowledge and understanding of technical requirements associated with area of work and capable of learning how it relates to the final product (e.g., acoustics/materials engineering, transducers development).
- Capable of work from requirements documents and definition of problems as outlined by management and senior engineers
- Proficient in both Chinese & English
In return, we offer you
We offer experiences and opportunities that add many unexpected and enriching moments to our employees’ lives. Especially when the innovative health technologies and solutions they help develop benefit their own friends and family.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.