In this role, you have the opportunity to
Create desirable product UI design solutions for our Domestic Appliances, including Kitchen and Air portfolios.
You are responsible for
· driving as part of a multi-disciplinary team the creative process with new ideas, input and thinking through the whole product UI or digital user experience (e.g., visualizations and simulations);
· translating concepts into embedded product UI or digital user experience from wireframe sketches, to experience flow maps, interactive prototypes, usability testing, high fidelity visual mockups and optimized graphics production, including interface visual style, graphics and animation assets ready for engineering;
· supporting our global UI design language creation and implementation to maintain consistent user experience across Domestic Appliance categories
· leading the UI design process during engineering feasibility checks, development and production implementation.
You are a part of
a small team of Product, CMF, UX and Communication Designers and Program Managers, with a main focus on Kitchen and Air products. Your team works closely with business management, marketing and engineering. We create the future identity for the portfolio and execute this through projects, guidelines and final design specifications. If you are curious to read more about the Philips Design organization, click on the following link:
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
· Bachelor or Master Degree in product or industrial design or user experience design
· 4-7 years' relevant experience in one or more specific business domains and in one or more markets and cultures, with focus on product UI for domestic appliances or consumer electronics
· You have strong analytical & conceptual skills in order to gather relevant user insights and to create meaningful and innovative solutions
· Ability to empathize with all kinds of users providing ease, trust, and delight.
· Strong visual/UI design skills and possibly illustration. You are passionate about staying up to date, you have a good eye for spotting good design and crafting engaging interactions.
· Product UI Wireframing and experience flow mapping with good interactive prototyping skills - clickable prototypes with occasional advanced interactivity
· Ability to setup usability research, in house or in collaboration with research agencies, through either online or offline platforms, to test UI concepts
· Ability to initiate activities that elevate the design of our products. This would include working on functionality within different product portfolios as well as constantly considering improvements and updates.
· You have a professional, ambitious and collaborative mindset
· Ensuring all deadlines are met on time, with impeccable deliverables
· Having a strong narrative ability in verbal and written communication
· Experience in APP design and IoT devices is preferred
· Experience in domestic appliances or consumer electronics is preferred
· You can communicate fluently in Chinese (Mandarin) and has proficient English speaking and writing skills
In return, we offer you
A path towards your most rewarding career. We also believe that we are at our best as a company when you are at yours as a person. Thus, we offer competitive health benefits, a flexible work schedule and access to local well-being focused activities.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there,you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Over 125 years ago, Frederik and Gerard Philips started a small light bulb company in Eindhoven. Little did they realize that it would become a global force of innovation, committed to improving billions of lives worldwide. But it did. Today, Philips is a world leading health technology company with a vision to make life better for people worldwide through meaningful innovation. Making good on this promise depends on our passionate, inspirational, collaborative and diverse team. We have over 80,000+ brilliant people around the world but are always looking for more. Like-minded, motivated, focused minds to join us in creating a healthier, more connected society while tranforming themselves personally and professionally. Working at Philips is more than a job. It's an experience filled with unexcepted moments that will transform you in lasting and positive ways. Help us improve the world for the better while building a career that no one could have planned for. Even you.