Senior CU Mechanical designer
In this role, you have the opportunity to
This Senior CU Mechanical designer must understand and capture the cooling unit needs, requirement and design activities. Fluent and thermal knowledge will be basic skill.
You are responsible for
- Lead to develop and maintain cooling product quality;
- Providing guidance and requirements to new cooling unit development in order to improve quality;
- According to project strategy to draft project implementation plan and organize team members to accomplish team goal
- Lead to develop innovative designs to meet all requirements for performance, reliability, serviceability, warranty, cost and manufacturability;
- Lead to develop engineering design concepts for components and mechanical assemblies that have tough requirements for usability, precision, reliability, cost and schedule;
- Design assurance and design control/process compliance;
- Be in charge of cooling unit field issue analysis and problem solving;
- Review analysis of current cooling unit system and new system design by FMEA Analysis tools;
- Influencing cross-functional teams to implement quality actions;
- Supporting supplier screening and supplier development
- Working closely with Cooling unit supplier to ensure the product assembly quality;
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- PHD or Master in thermal Engineering / thermodynamics / hydromechanics or related Mechanical Engineering major;
- Background knowledge about hydromechanics, fluid dynamic, heat transfer theory;
- Versed in Oil or water cooling unit system design and application;
- Versed in cooling system with good knowledge about exchanger calculation and design;
- Versed in cooling system performance test and be able to set up test environment according to test scope;
- Basis knowledge of electrical control system and at least familiar with one common engineering control method e.g. PLC, TIA-Portal;
- Experienced in FEA method: mechanical related FEA, CFD;
- Experienced in calibrating calculation method/simulation when compare with test result;
- Experienced in hydraulic standard parts: check value, releasing valve, pressure regulating valve, fan, pump etc.
- Experience with fixture and Jig design for product;
- Familiar with at least one mechanical design software, SOLIDEDGE, SOLIDWORKS or PROE;
- Familiar at least one FEA software: ANSYS, ABAQUS, FlowEFD, COMSOL etc;
- Familiar with machining process for turning, welding structure parts;
- Good English in both spoken and written.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there,you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
Over 125 years ago, Frederik and Gerard Philips started a small light bulb company in Eindhoven.
Little did they realize that it would become a global force of innovation, committed to
improving billions of lives worldwide. But it did.
Today, Philips is a world leading health technology company with a vision to make life better
for people worldwide through meaningful innovation. Making good on this promise depends on our
passionate, inspirational, collaborative and diverse team.
We have over 80,000+ brilliant people around the world but are always looking for more.
Like-minded, motivated, focused minds to join us in creating a healthier, more connected society
while tranforming themselves personally and professionally.
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's an experience filled with unexcepted moments that
will transform you in lasting and positive ways. Help us improve the world for the better while
building a career that no one could have planned for. Even you.