Business Development Manager
In this role, you have the opportunity to
- Develop business opportunities for Customers Services/maintenance solutions ensuring that we can successfully capture the market opportunities and deliver higher profitability levels in CT and AMI in China Market.
You are responsible for
- The primary responsibility is to understand and anticipate customers’ needs and strategically position services/solutions to generate leads for the field.
- He/she enables the business and the market to capture specific customer insights and competitor strategies as inputs into services/solutions’ roadmap (features and economic benefits).
- He will be working in close cooperation with the market commercial and BMC teams and will be the Customer Service representative in the BMC meetings/dialogues
- Collaborate with market and business to leverage and drive solutions development to address CT and AMI business needs;
- Drive BMC business planning, in coordination with finance. Represents CT customer services in the BMC collaboration driving improvements across key commercials and financial KPI’s. Drive BMC business planning, in coordination with finance. In that you will be working hand in hand with the CT BIU field marketing team and you will be have to be able to represent each other across the portfolio;
- Shape market business ensuring that global drivers and Services and Solutions premises will be fully deployed in the market;
- Develop local value proposition creations to ensure structured offer and a complete portfolio execution in the market. Identify sub-segments of customers in local market, and codify their needs, and tailor existing value proposition (if needed)
- Gather local market and customer insights, and feed information back to BIU/BG Marketing;
- Support CT Product Managers (PMs) in setting local offers and prices based on commercial policy and local needs to maximize value capture;
- Provide local CS market intelligence to assist Commercial Team in setting price corridors and guidance for local discounting ensuring that CS profitability levels will be protected;
Commercial performance and business development:
- Identify cross-sell, up-sell, and service sales in existing installed base to address customer needs;
- Tailor messaging to local market ensuring that CT value drivers are properly translated to the China;
- Ensure compliance of local marketing materials with regulatory requirements (Q&R review);
- Understand BIU marketing customer segmentation and value proposition, provide feedback on how to tailor to meet specific market needs
- Identify and synthesize local market trends, based on customer and stakeholder interactions; share synthesis with BIU/BG Marketing
- Build strategies for beating competitors—profitably—with effective use of competitive intelligence, based on customer and event interactions;
You are a part of
- A professional and energetic Global Business Development team, report to Business Development Director CT/AMI Service.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Education: University degree or above in healthcare, business or engineering discipline; MBA strongly preferred Experience:
- At least 8yrs.’ work experience in marketing, product management; business development, or commercial/sales functions, has in depth knowledge of the Business development functional area such as business strategies and the company’s goals. Etc. experience in high-tech, healthcare/med-tech solutions businesses in B2B / B2C environments is preferred.
- Strong strategic Business drive and experience in development of new business models e.g. subscriptions
- Has knowledge and experience in marketing aspects including marketing processes, strategic planning and budgeting, market insights, value proposition generation, pricing, communications, channel management and planning
- Deep understanding of Profit & Loss including revenue & margin management
- Customer intimacy driven by a strong external focus
- Competencies and skills:
- Stakeholder influencing skills: Ability to build and nurture effective relationships within the matrix by developing strong cooperation with peers within the market, cross business, and cross function.
- Leadership: Bringing people together and aligning them around common goals; leverages the power of Philips independent from organizational structures and reports
- Problem Solving skills and able to find solutions to difficult or complex issues, wide-ranging experience using professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
- Global communication skills: work in multinational environment with strong personal communication skills both in Chinese and English
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there,you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
Over 125 years ago, Frederik and Gerard Philips started a small light bulb company in Eindhoven.
Little did they realize that it would become a global force of innovation, committed to
improving billions of lives worldwide. But it did.
Today, Philips is a world leading health technology company with a vision to make life better
for people worldwide through meaningful innovation. Making good on this promise depends on our
passionate, inspirational, collaborative and diverse team.
We have over 80,000+ brilliant people around the world but are always looking for more.
Like-minded, motivated, focused minds to join us in creating a healthier, more connected society
while tranforming themselves personally and professionally.
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's an experience filled with unexcepted moments that
will transform you in lasting and positive ways. Help us improve the world for the better while
building a career that no one could have planned for. Even you.