Advanced Supplier Quality Engineer-MCS
In this role, you have the opportunity to
- Supplier Quality Engineer (NPI) : Responsible for achieving a state of high quality performance at our Supplier partners through the application and practice of Advanced, Product Quality Planning ‘APQP’ during the industrialization of Philips products/parts within the New Product Introduction ‘NPI’ process.
- Supplier Quality Engineer (Sustaining):Responsible for achieving a state of high quality performance at our Supplier partners and pursuing continuous quality improvement through, the application of Quality Engineering practices on Philips products/parts/services procured from suppliers throughout the product lifecycle, including sustaining change management
You are responsible for:
- Supports Quality Engineering capability assessments of potential new suppliers.
- Supports SQE core member of NPI project teams.
- APQP execution, monitoring and control as part of the NPI process.
- Contribute to Supplier Project Book content.
- Supports Design for Excellence (DfX) collaboration between R&D and Suppliers.
- Critical to Quality characteristics flow down to Suppliers.
- Part Submission Warrant plans, deliverables, line release and completion.
- Supports Additions/Changes/Deletion to Approved Supplier List.
- Review Supplier Quality Agreement
- Analysis of defects for determining if supplier caused and then notified.
- Supplier Corrective Action Requests.
- APQP execution, monitoring and control as part of Sustaining Changes.
- Contribute to Supplier performance monitoring, reporting, improvement and development.
- Supports Supplier quality risk assessment and mitigation.
- Supports Supplier audit schedule development and maintenance.
- Assess and coordinate Supplier Change Requests
You are a part of
- A professional and energetic Supplier Quality Team, around 10 Team members in China.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Education: Bachelor degree or above, major in Mechanical Engineering is preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in Quality or supplier quality engineering in manufacturing of electro-mechanical systems/products/solutions.
- Experience in a regulated environment, medical device or automotive industry.
- Competencies and skills:
- Demonstrated knowledge of manufacturing processes for consumable medical parts, mechanical parts (plastics, machined, sheet metal), cables, connector, sensors, etc.
- Experience with all aspects of supplier quality management: APQP/PPAP, quality concepts/tools/methods (e.g. FMEA, DOE, IQ/OQ/PQ, MSA, GRR, 8D, etc.), quality issue resolution and quality monitoring measures.
- Knowledge of the Purchasing function and associated commodity, supply base, quality and data management considerations. Understanding of Procurement, Supplier Relationship Management, Material and Supplier Quality and Data Management areas.
- Certified lead auditor for ISO System, ISO13485 is preferred.
- Knowledgeable in SAP Quality Management, Mini-Tab, Query tools such as Business Objects, web-based systems, and MS Excel (power user).
- CQE, six-sigma Black Belt or Green Belt is preferred.
- Fluent in English and Chinese is a must.
In return, we offer you
- Excellent professional development opportunity in a world-class company and promising career.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 2.5 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there,you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Over 125 years ago, Frederik and Gerard Philips started a small light bulb company in Eindhoven.
Little did they realize that it would become a global force of innovation, committed to
improving billions of lives worldwide. But it did.
Today, Philips is a world leading health technology company with a vision to make life better
for people worldwide through meaningful innovation. Making good on this promise depends on our
passionate, inspirational, collaborative and diverse team.
We have over 80,000+ brilliant people around the world but are always looking for more.
Like-minded, motivated, focused minds to join us in creating a healthier, more connected society
while tranforming themselves personally and professionally.
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's an experience filled with unexcepted moments that
will transform you in lasting and positive ways. Help us improve the world for the better while
building a career that no one could have planned for. Even you.