Product Industrialization Engineer
In this role, you have the opportunity to
- Participate in working for high growth business that will help improve the lives of millions of men globally, while advancing Philips digital transformation journey as a global leader in Health Technology.
- Be the representative of Operations in multi-disciplinary teams ensuring best in class transition from development to manufacturing.
You are responsible for
- Defining, implementing new/changed processes and leading the first production models for projects within own Building Block.
- Defining, executing, controlling and documenting all process validation activities and related activities
- Introducing new production-methods (technical & logistic), within own Building block
- Communicating Design for Manufacturing Assembly and Test requirements with the program team
- Working close together with other functions within Manufacturing, R&D and Quality to setup first time right processes
- Participating in supply chain teams, design teams, purchasing teams and securing the agreed manufacturing requirements
- Creating and maintaining manufacturing documents (e.g. work instructions) and providing training
- Defining and implementing improvements (e.g. via A3, Prince2, Six Sigma, etc.) within the building block to increase yield, output and cost
- Analyzing field performance data (e.g. DEFOA), installation test-results, and customer related complaints, in order to initiate improvements
- Preparing and introducing changes (products, components, production-processes) for released products.
- Lead manufacturing transfer activities from one production site to the other
- Improve purchased parts quality by working closely with the supplier quality team, supporting part sample approve and first article inspections.
- Defining tooling and equipment requirements, and implementing in required processes
You are a part of
- The Philips CT global Industrialization Engineering Team, A professional and energetic team that contributes directly to the quality of our products and growth of the business. You have a direct reporting line to the function manager.
- You will be working closely with managers and teams from other functions like manufacturing, procurement, quality, supply chain and R&D, cross-functional project teams locally and globally.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelor or Master degree in e.g. Mechanical, automatic control or Electrical Engineering
- 5 years of related work experience for Bachelor degree (3 years for Master degree). Work experience in medical device manufacturing and finished medical devices preferred.
- Production/Process or Manufacturing Engineering experience
- Experience in design transfer and manufacturing transfer projects
- Experience in leading multi-disciplinary (global) projects
- Experience working with FDA Quality Systems Regulations and ISO Quality Systems.
- Project management skills.
- Experience with Agile and SAP.
- Experience performing Design for Manufacturing and Test initiatives
- Process verification and validation knowledge.
- Lean manufacturing concepts and understanding.
- Effective communication skills with superiors, subordinates, and contractors (English is required)
- Ability to adapt to evolving projects requirements.
- Problem solving skills.
- Continuous improvement mindset and a result driven and quality driven approach
- Demonstrate flexibility, adaptability and integrity when making decisions.
In return, we offer you
- We offer experiences and opportunities that add many unexpected and enriching moments to our employees’ lives. Especially when the innovative health technologies and solutions they help develop benefit their own friends and family.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 2.5 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there,you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Over 125 years ago, Frederik and Gerard Philips started a small light bulb company in Eindhoven.
Little did they realize that it would become a global force of innovation, committed to
improving billions of lives worldwide. But it did.
Today, Philips is a world leading health technology company with a vision to make life better
for people worldwide through meaningful innovation. Making good on this promise depends on our
passionate, inspirational, collaborative and diverse team.
We have over 80,000+ brilliant people around the world but are always looking for more.
Like-minded, motivated, focused minds to join us in creating a healthier, more connected society
while tranforming themselves personally and professionally.
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's an experience filled with unexcepted moments that
will transform you in lasting and positive ways. Help us improve the world for the better while
building a career that no one could have planned for. Even you.