Procurement Engineer MR
In this role, you have the opportunity to
- Coordinate all Procurement activities across E2E processes in I2M, M2O and O2C, and share responsibility for the business related Procurement KPI's such as BoM savings and Global Supplier Rating System score in the factories of the various businesses within Philips.
You are responsible for
- Procurement Engineer, drives AOP & savings via cost down projects
- First point of escalation for delivery/quality issues, etc. at line, factory level
- Execute factory related supplier improvement actions
- Implement actions from VE & DfX in factories
- Support development and execution of procurement strategy at the site and in the BU
- Represent Procurement in new Product Introduction projects
- Report procurement KPI’s
- Owner for delivering the cost elements for assigned product/module.
- Ensure that the factory Procurement Engineering related risks (cost, quality, availability) are controlled and mitigated
- Identify opportunities in the new product design process through target costing at component level, and monitoring data sources to improve the design decision making.
- Support price negotiations with fact-based information and opportunities to drive short term product cost reduction improvement.
- Support the deployment of early supplier involvement through target costing and tracking for assigned product or module.
- Contribute to the development of an effective set of cost models to track “target cost” status for assigned product.
- Maintain updates to the costs for assigned product/module and ensure that cost models are up to date and information is available as required.
You are a part of
- A progressive and energetic team that contributes directly to the growth of the business. You have a direct reporting line to the procurement partner.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- BS or comparable diploma in Engineering, Electro-mechanical Engineering preferred
- 5+ yrs. Experience in Procurement, NPI Project management, SQE, Engineering, R&D, Design Engineer experience highly preferred, experience in medical device or heavy machinery related industry is preferred
- Understanding the principles of executing cost down projects and new product introduction projects
- Understanding the principles of Value Engineering
- Fluent English and Chinese required
- Leading / supporting DfX
- Project management
- Cost modeling
- Total cost of ownership
- Lean concepts
- Diagnostic Imaging product knowledge preferred
- Functional Competencies
- Technical learning
- Problem solving
- Priority setting
- Cross-functional communication
In return, we offer you
- We offer experiences and opportunities that add many unexpected and enriching moments to our employees’ lives. Especially when the innovative health technologies and solutions they help develop benefit their own friends and family.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Over 125 years ago, Frederik and Gerard Philips started a small light bulb company in Eindhoven.
Little did they realize that it would become a global force of innovation, committed to
improving billions of lives worldwide. But it did.
Today, Philips is a world leading health technology company with a vision to make life better
for people worldwide through meaningful innovation. Making good on this promise depends on our
passionate, inspirational, collaborative and diverse team.
We have over 80,000+ brilliant people around the world but are always looking for more.
Like-minded, motivated, focused minds to join us in creating a healthier, more connected society
while tranforming themselves personally and professionally.
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's an experience filled with unexcepted moments that
will transform you in lasting and positive ways. Help us improve the world for the better while
building a career that no one could have planned for. Even you.