In this role, you have the opportunity to
- Procurement Engineers do play a central role at Philips. They lead advanced procurement discussions and drive the decisions, with a focus of the procurement engineering related aspects in the product development and creation phase.
- Procurement Engineering works on bringing new products to market with optimized value proposition and best cost structures. They deliver cost savings and drive value enhancement through key strategic programs like Design for Excellence and Value Engineering.
- Do you have a technical background and strong business acumen to deliver outstanding value? Do you have experience interacting with global teams and suppliers? Are you passionate about driving change?
- Procurement Engineer is based in / close to a Development Center. For this role, the development center is located in Hong Kong and this Procurement engineering function in Shenzhen.
- You represent procurement in product creation projects. You organize early supplier involvement with a Design for eXcellence (DfX) mindset and you make use of approaches like design-in or cost-reduction workshops. Next to this, you prepare Request for Quotations and project books to documents specs and agreements with suppliers.
- You ensure procurement related risks (cost, quality and availability) are controlled and mitigated, by bringing the relevant procurement colleagues to the equation.
- You play a pivotal role in the supplier allocation. Guiding the teams through strategic discussions on the supply footprint. You address topics like the supplier model to use (e.g. ODM versus CM) and the geographical allocation.
- You drive cost downs activities. You identify strategic cost reduction opportunities for products in the portfolio and for products in development. In new product development you drive savings in close cooperation with Marketing, Development, Quality and Supply Chain Management. In this way you deliver a significant contribution to business cases and product roadmaps. To enable this, you understand cost drivers and the power of standardization.
- Last but not least, you lead or participate in cross functional conventions. In these conventions analysis, proposals and decisions are made on value and cost of our product propositions;
You are part of
- A cross functional international and dedicated team. You will be based in Shenzhen, China. You will report directly to the Director of Procurement Engineering (The Netherlands, Europe). You will work closely with colleagues in marketing, innovation and commodity management globally.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Master’s degree in a relevant technical discipline or Bachelor’s degree in technical discipline with a Master in Business Management or Technology Management.
- Professional with a 5 years+ proven track in procurement is required; past working experience in Development is a plus. Experience in MNC consumer electronics is preferred, open to car industry, EMS, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Chinese are required
- Specifically we are looking for:
- Experience in new product project sourcing and new product introduction (NPI) processes
- Experience with mechanical and electronic components related products is required. Experience in connectivity technology such as WiFi, cloud based solutions etc. is a strong advantage
- Experience in DfX / Value Engineering / Design for Sourcing / DFSS;
- Experience with costing toolset (Should Costing, NPV, TCO) in projects;
- Experience in initiating and driving cost down projects;
- A team player who is both proactive and cooperative; easily gains trust and support of peers; encourages collaboration and challenges constructively;
- Ability to think strategically and hands-on approach. Delivers results without fuss;
- Understands and is able to challenge blue prints and specifications;
- Experience in international and multidisciplinary project teams is preferred;
- Prepared to travel up to 20% of the time. This could include travels within Asia and occasionally to Europe
In return, we offer you
We welcome you to a challenging, innovative environment with great opportunities for you to explore. Our benefits are very competitive and designed around your preferences:
- A variable bonus based on both Philips results and personal performance
- Extensive set of tools to drive your career, such as a personal development budget, free training and coaching
- Solid company pension scheme and attractive collective health insurance package
- Healthy work-life balance
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving lives by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Over 125 years ago, Frederik and Gerard Philips started a small light bulb company in Eindhoven.
Little did they realize that it would become a global force of innovation, committed to
improving billions of lives worldwide. But it did.
Today, Philips is a world leading health technology company with a vision to make life better
for people worldwide through meaningful innovation. Making good on this promise depends on our
passionate, inspirational, collaborative and diverse team.
We have over 80,000+ brilliant people around the world but are always looking for more.
Like-minded, motivated, focused minds to join us in creating a healthier, more connected society
while tranforming themselves personally and professionally.
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's an experience filled with unexcepted moments that
will transform you in lasting and positive ways. Help us improve the world for the better while
building a career that no one could have planned for. Even you.