Supplier Quality Engineer(ECR-Electrical)
In this role, you have the opportunity to
- Work with a worldwide supply base and our global Business Innovation Units (BIU’s) to help ensure high quality purchased materials.
- Lead Supplier Quality Engineering activities during new product development, purchased material quality issue resolution and ongoing supplier quality monitoring.
You are responsible for
- Manage Supplier Quality related activities for purchased materials for electrical commodities such as printed circuit board assemblies (PCBA’s), printed circuit boards (PCB’s), and critical/custom components.
- Work with suppliers through the BIUs APQP process to ensure all necessary quality activities are rigorously addressed during initial product release and change such as: process mapping, process FMEA, process control plan, process validation (IQ, OQ, PQ), GR&R, MSA, line release, ramp monitoring, etc.
- Ensure supplier test strategy aligns with quality goals.
- Resolve quality issues via structured quality methods in order to ensure efficient and effective root cause analysis, and corrective / preventive actions that ensure there is no recurrence.
- Execute supplier audits, CAPA’s and monitor supplier metrics.
- Orchestrate Philips first article inspection / first production inspection, and ongoing inspection plans that are aligned with supplier’s capabilities, quality history and our product needs. Support key processes as subject matter expert.
You are a part of
- A professional and energetic Supplier Quality Team, around 10 Team members in China.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- BS Engineering degree and minimum of 5 years industry experience in manufacturing of electrical systems/products/solutions for the medical, aerospace or automotive industries. Preference Electrical Engineering (EE)
- Demonstrated knowledge of manufacturing processes for commodities such as printed circuit board assemblies, printed circuit boards, power supplies, cables, electrical components, etc.
- Experience with all aspects of supplier quality management: quality concepts/tools/methods (e.g. APQP / PPA / PSW, FMEA, DOE, IQ/OQ/PQ, TMV / MSA, GRR, 8D, etc.), quality issue resolution and quality monitoring measures.
- Knowledge of the Purchasing function and associated commodity, supply base, quality and data management considerations. Understanding of Procurement, Supplier Relationship Management, Material and Supplier Quality and Data Management areas.
- Effective communicator. Able to work effectively with global, cross-functional stakeholders.
- Experience in a regulated environment, medical preferred.
- Certified auditor for ISO13485 or 9001.
- Knowledgeable in SAP Quality Management, Oracle Data Warehouse, Mini-Tab, Query tools such as Business Objects, web-based systems, and MS Excel (power user).
- Prefer, CQE, six-sigma Black Belt or Green Belt.
- Fluent in English and Chinese language
In return, we offer you
- Philips' dedication to enriching lives is reflected in our company, our solutions, and a commitment to our people. Philips products lead to improved healthcare, faster diagnosis and better patient outcomes. Philips employees change lives every day.
- Enjoy endless opportunities to learn, and develop your career in the directions to which you aspire. Philips Healthcare is a place where you will work with others whose far-reaching ideas and accomplishments have impacted over 200 million lives already. Please help us determine what’s next. Your ideas and ability to deliver will help to transform the future of healthcare, and allow you to create your own legacy.
- Thanks to our employees, we are at the forefront of the Healthcare industry. Healthcare providers, backed by our many market leading solutions, are able to diagnose confidently, improve care, and increase the quality of life for patients across North America each and every day.
- Advance your career in an environment that supports work-life balance, health & well-being and continuous learning. Making a difference begins right here, where you come first.
Why should you join Philips?
- Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to email@example.com.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Over 125 years ago, Frederik and Gerard Philips started a small light bulb company in Eindhoven.
Little did they realize that it would become a global force of innovation, committed to
improving billions of lives worldwide. But it did.
Today, Philips is a world leading health technology company with a vision to make life better
for people worldwide through meaningful innovation. Making good on this promise depends on our
passionate, inspirational, collaborative and diverse team.
We have over 80,000+ brilliant people around the world but are always looking for more.
Like-minded, motivated, focused minds to join us in creating a healthier, more connected society
while tranforming themselves personally and professionally.
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's an experience filled with unexcepted moments that
will transform you in lasting and positive ways. Help us improve the world for the better while
building a career that no one could have planned for. Even you.