In this role, you have the opportunity to
Responsible to end-to-end lead and drive product/technology/system/solution creation from the initial start until the introduction in the Market or until internal company delivery, while meeting financial target, product requirements and on time market launch, in order to fulfill stakeholders/business needs.
You are responsible for
• Lead, coach & motivate the project team including external and internal to realize project requirements (Schedule, Quality and Cost).
• Implementation of all Project Management related key processes, e.g. PDLM (Product Development Launch & Maintenance) , MLD (Modify Launched Design) , NPI (New Product Introduction) , Change Control, Project Status, etc. and provide input to drive improvement.
• Drive the finalization of the upfront product definition (e.g. commercial specification, User requirement specification, Value Proposition House, Marketing introduction plan, etc) to support the project execution.
• Formulate overall project plan (including project time line, resources, etc) with the team and other relevant external parties.
• Manage overall project risks (e.g. Commercial risk, financial risk, etc).
• Provide regular, comprehensive, and accurate project status report (with quality, risk, planning etc) to ensure project progress is shared with the top-level owner and all relevant stakeholders to facilitate understanding of the progress and the request for prompt support (escalation) when needed.
• Drive the Quality process to ensure compliance to quality and specification to meet customer’s expectation (i.e. Quality plan formulation and review process, DFSS tracker, Design review and maturity follow-up, NPS, etc)
• Drive the realization of value chain DFX (eg platforming, supplier V-model implementation).
• Leading a project where more disciplines are involved.
• Co-ordination between the sub-projects.
• Manage Internal stakeholders and externals like OEM/ODM/Subcontractors
• Project characteristics:
• Sustaining innovation, Customer need and application is known.
• Incremental changes or portfolio extensions supporting the current business
• Co-ordination between the sub-projects
• Multi-site, complex project.
• Manages a project team of >7 team members
• Coaching of team members
You are a part of
Kitchen Appliance Innovation team.
• Report to Project Office Leader.
• Inside the organization the Project Manager / Assistant Project Manager has contacts with the project team, other project managers, architects, developers, Quality , Operations, Commercial Marketing (CMM) , Design, Supply Demand and Innovation Lead.
• Outside contacts are the relevant or impacted business community, ODM, EMS, Design House.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
• Specific knowledge/Academic degree of technical engineering of the relevant field and related disciplines and industry.
• Professional knowledge of project management methods (min. 4 years) and estimation techniques (resources, time and risks) for the relevant technical/functional discipline.
• Strong consumer mindset/business oriented with strong leadership skills.
• Excellent soft skills like people management, team management, communication.
• Negotiation skills; managing OEM/ODM/Subcontractors.
• Experience in Domestic Appliances products is a strong plus.
• Good skill in English, Mandarin.
In return, we offer you
A meaningful career, with new challenges in our dynamic organization, working in an encouraging multinational and multicultural environment. We are happy to provide you with this opportunity to work with new technologies. You will be surrounded by passionate and committed colleagues who share your ambition to create outstanding customer experiences. Your work will be ambitious and full of opportunities for growth. Variety and challenge will be part of your daily routines.
Why should you join Philips Domestic Appliances?
Philips’ Domestic Appliances business is a global leader with approximately 7,500 employees and EUR 2.3 billion in sales in 2019 in kitchen appliances, coffee, garment care and home care appliances, with successful products such as the Airfryer, Perfect Care Steam Generators, Automatic Coffee Machines with LatteGo and SpeedPro Max Aqua vacuum cleaner, and many more that are used by millions of people every day across the world.
In January 2020, Philips announced that it would be considering new ownership options for Domestic Appliances, and is committed to finding the right home for the business to ensure that it is set up for continued success serving customers, leveraging the Philips brand and driving growth across the markets that it serves.
In its 130-year history as a leading innovator, Philips has had to reinvent itself a number of times to remain competitive. This has involved several high-profile divestments, resulting in the company’s successful track record in managing complex change of this scale. Such transformations offer unique opportunities for employees to ‘make their mark’ and gain expertise in a specific and dynamic environment - those who can deliver results while navigating and contributing to changes will gain unique skills and perspective that will prove valuable for the rest of their careers.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
Over 125 years ago, Frederik and Gerard Philips started a small light bulb company in Eindhoven. Little did they realize that it would become a global force of innovation, committed to improving billions of lives worldwide. But it did. Today, Philips is a world leading health technology company with a vision to make life better for people worldwide through meaningful innovation. Making good on this promise depends on our passionate, inspirational, collaborative and diverse team. We have over 80,000+ brilliant people around the world but are always looking for more. Like-minded, motivated, focused minds to join us in creating a healthier, more connected society while tranforming themselves personally and professionally. Working at Philips is more than a job. It's an experience filled with unexcepted moments that will transform you in lasting and positive ways. Help us improve the world for the better while building a career that no one could have planned for. Even you.