Risk Management Quality Engineer
In this role, you have the opportunity to
- Be a key developer in expanding our Quality & Regulatory Risk Management team for our Connected Care organization.
- Create and implement new tools and methods to manage risk, which will contribute to the safety and efficacy of medical products that save lives and improve health.
You are responsible for
- Collaborate at a systems level with R&D, Clinical, Data Analysis, and other key functions to develop a quantitative approach to risk management.
- Demonstrate expertise by leading cross-functional teams to identify risks, implement risk control measures, and document a robust and living Risk Management File.
- Facilitate the creation of both top-down and bottom-up risk management tools, assessments, processes, and principles, including a FMEAs.
- Conduct analysis of existing similar products from the company and competitor products to provide documented compliance and evidence of State of the Art, as part of periodic risk management file updates.
- Assure products meet regulatory requirements for risk management, including FDA QSR, MDD, EU MDR, CMDR, ISO 13485, ISO 14971, and Philips procedures.
- Ensure the systematic and logical conversion of customer requirements to product specifications and post market surveillance codes.
- Create and continually improve procedures and work instructions to ensure reliable, repeatable results.
- Support ongoing compliance improvement initiatives, including CAPAs across the five business groups in Connected Care.
You are a part of
- BS in Engineering or a related field. MS preferred.
- 4+ years Quality Assurance, Design Engineering, Systems Engineering, Post Market Surveillance, or related experience in a highly regulated industry, medical device industry preferred. 2+ years’ experience with a MS. Degree or higher.
- Extensive hands on experience with the ISO 14971 standard.
- Knowledge of 21 CR 820, ISO 13485, IEC 60601-1, IEC 62366, and IEC 62304 standards.
- Strong understanding of risk management requirements, tools, methodologies, and processes, including use of a variety of accepted methods.
- Demonstrated expertise in managing complex projects and implementing cultural change.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal communication skills, including regularly leading presentations in front of peers and leadership.
- Experience working within a Quality Management System.
- Green Belt or Black Belt certification preferred.
- Excellent team work skills including influencing and building rapport with internal customers and stakeholders.
- Good English and Chinese language skills required
In return, we offer you
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to email@example.com.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Over 125 years ago, Frederik and Gerard Philips started a small light bulb company in Eindhoven.
Little did they realize that it would become a global force of innovation, committed to
improving billions of lives worldwide. But it did.
Today, Philips is a world leading health technology company with a vision to make life better
for people worldwide through meaningful innovation. Making good on this promise depends on our
passionate, inspirational, collaborative and diverse team.
We have over 80,000+ brilliant people around the world but are always looking for more.
Like-minded, motivated, focused minds to join us in creating a healthier, more connected society
while tranforming themselves personally and professionally.
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's an experience filled with unexcepted moments that
will transform you in lasting and positive ways. Help us improve the world for the better while
building a career that no one could have planned for. Even you.