GBS Transition Manager
Job location: Suzhou
Objective: To deliver the assigned transitions in accordance with transition methodology for Philips GBS, Suzhou and Manila. Collaborate across business, markets and functions to ensure transition deliverables are met.
You are responsible for
- The Incumbent will be responsible for work with central team on transition project plan and aligns the project charter, in accordance with the goals and timing set by management; specifies the anticipated costs, plan for resources as per agreed timelines, manage risk assessment, ensures the alignment of the project approach through Transition methodology with stakeholders
- Contributes significantly to continuously improve the transition methodology and toolkit, ensuring lessons learned and driving consistent, risk managed, optimized transitions
- Manage change requests for any changes to the program plan or new scope added to transitions or the teams and get them approved through the process flow
Reporting and Risk management
- Manages program reporting to various stakeholders, driving governance set-up and effective execution including Stage Gate preparation and sign-off.
- Ensuring transparent/timely reporting on the progress, success and risks/issues of the program to leadership
- Actively manages risks and issues by collaborating across work streams
Business case Tracking and Budget Management
- Consolidates, reviews and updates benefits and savings
- Controls the project budget, evaluates all project initiatives as to feasibility, costs/benefits and value-at-risk, and takes corrective actions when necessary.
Knowledge management & Quality assurance
- Ensures SharePoint tooling is managed and maintained on an ongoing basis, trains team members. Challenges the work streams on their deliverables and recording it for audit purpose, ensures quality
- Relationship Management of internal and business stakeholders
- Builds supportive, productive, and trusted working relationships with the sending site/Market (including Management Team, project staff, process experts), Functions, Hub sites
- Coordination of Sending/Receiving team preparation
- Interfaces to ensure receiving side preparedness, ensures smooth and risk-managed handover
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- University degree (Bachelor/Master)
- Overall 8 to 10 years of experience managing change projects/programs in complex environments within tight timeframes. Master-level capabilities required in Project and Change Management and Process improvement (including Value Stream Mapping)
- At least 5 years of end-to-end Transition Management experience, Outsourcing/Offshoring, previous experience in setup of shared service centers
- Advanced engagement, communication and interpersonal skills
- Aware of lean and continuous improvement tools/techniques
- Results-oriented and strong analytical skills
- Highly energetic and able to inspire others
- Strong written and spoken English, ideally with one or more additional languages
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 2.5 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there,you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
Over 125 years ago, Frederik and Gerard Philips started a small light bulb company in Eindhoven.
Little did they realize that it would become a global force of innovation, committed to
improving billions of lives worldwide. But it did.
Today, Philips is a world leading health technology company with a vision to make life better
for people worldwide through meaningful innovation. Making good on this promise depends on our
passionate, inspirational, collaborative and diverse team.
We have over 80,000+ brilliant people around the world but are always looking for more.
Like-minded, motivated, focused minds to join us in creating a healthier, more connected society
while tranforming themselves personally and professionally.
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's an experience filled with unexcepted moments that
will transform you in lasting and positive ways. Help us improve the world for the better while
building a career that no one could have planned for. Even you.