The Senior Mechanical Engineer should be well equipped with the rules and regulations of mechanical engineering and will be responsible for the mechanical architect design and development of medical system, leading and organizing the design review with internally team or global team to retire the technical risk and improve the design quality, collabrate with cross function team to deliver the cost-effective products on time with high quality.
You are responsible for
● Entail the use of Pro-E Creo and solidworks for designs, detail drawings, exploded views, ECO’s and BOM’s;
● Materials selection, cost estimates, rapid prototype parts for evaluation, design reviews, verification processes and qualification testing to ensure compliance with the standards;
● Support existing products design improvement and support new development programs;
● Project management and lead, coordinate workload to proper engineers in team. Review all technical work, drawings done within mechanical team;
● Communication with cross function team and global technical team to develop the new products and solve the technical issues. Delivers engaging, informative, well-organized presentations.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
● Master Degree or above in Mechanical Engineering, or related technical discipline;
● At least 5 years of relevant work experience in Multi-national corporate, background in medical equipment design is plus;
● Excellent communication & coordination skills, open mind and team work spirit;
● Responsibility, Efficiency, Flexibility and be able to work in high-pressure circumstance;
● Must be familiar with DFSS, DFM, DFR methodology and the relevant analysis tools;
● Fluent in English. Ability to read, write and speak in both languages.
● Know well MS office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project, etc.);
● Creo, Solidworks2014/2015 experience is a Must
In return, we offer you
A path towards your most rewarding career. Philips is growing its technical capability enterprise wide. Succeeding in this Mechanical engineering-based role in a complex environment will open many doors for your long term career, in other areas in Philips or otherwise.
Our benefits are very competitive and designed around your preferences:
• We offer a market conform salary
• A variable bonus based on both Philips results and personal performance
• Convenient working conditions in office
• Extensive set of tools to drive your career, such as a personal development budget, free training and coaching
• Attractive collective health insurance package
• Opportunity to buy Philips products with discount
• Healthy work-life balance
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 2.5 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there,you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
Over 125 years ago, Frederik and Gerard Philips started a small light bulb company in Eindhoven. Little did they realize that it would become a global force of innovation, committed to improving billions of lives worldwide. But it did. Today, Philips is a world leading health technology company with a vision to make life better for people worldwide through meaningful innovation. Making good on this promise depends on our passionate, inspirational, collaborative and diverse team. We have over 80,000+ brilliant people around the world but are always looking for more. Like-minded, motivated, focused minds to join us in creating a healthier, more connected society while tranforming themselves personally and professionally. Working at Philips is more than a job. It's an experience filled with unexcepted moments that will transform you in lasting and positive ways. Help us improve the world for the better while building a career that no one could have planned for. Even you.