In this role, you have the opportunity to
Build a high growth business that will help improve the lives of millions of people in China by developing innovative data solutions in healthcare for better clinical outcome and operational efficiency, while contributing in the Philips digital transformation journey as a high-valued member of a world-class innovation organization.
You are responsible for
· Leading or supporting in developing technological solutions for content management, recommending systems, clinical protocolization, and clinical decision support in both hospital and home healthcare applications.
· Leading or supporting in conducting natural language processing and knowledge graph enabled innovation for such applications, including data acquisition, information acquisition, knowledge fusion and knowledge processing, and validating developed solutions for proof points.
· Helping identify research directions in relevant areas that potentially have high business impact, based on thorough understanding of unmet needs and up-to-date technological development.
· Contributing to establishing the group know-how and competency on data science and AI, in particular knowledge graph and related techniques, for healthcare applications.
· Being responsible for smooth and efficient execution of research projects and tasks, and endeavor in translating research outcome into business opportunities.
· Actively seeking for open innovation opportunities with universities, institutes and other external knowledge centers, to ensure the success of research projects.
· Managing well the research outcome in the form of IP, internal technical reports and quality publications, where applicable.
· Working along with peer colleagues across projects, groups and labs, remain open in sharing insights and make sure communication goes well and timely.
You are a part of
Philips Research Laboratories, a world-class innovation engine with a history of more than 100 years and numerous inventions that have changed the human history. You will conduct the research in the Connected Care and Personal Health department, reporting to Team Leader. You will work with a team of passionate, professional and multi-disciplinary scientists, meantime connecting to the global Research community and related business stakeholders.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
· PhD or Master degree in Computer Science, Biomedical and/or Health Informatics, or any major alike
· Good track record of publications in international conferences/journals
· Solid knowledge in NLP, scemantic analysis, knowledge graph, and machine learning in general. Working experiences in healthcare applications is a plus.
· Experienced in using programming languages such as Python, R, Java, or C++
· Experiences in Deep Learning framework (e.g. Torch/PyTorch, Tensorflow, Cafee, etc)
· Experiences in other AI related techniques such as Hadoop, Spark and Hive
· Passionate on industrial research, eager to learn and open-minded, result-oriented, and with a good team spirit
· Fluency in written/spoken English and Chinese for technical writing and communications
In return, we offer you
A path towards your most rewarding career. Philips is among one of the most innovative companies investing significantly in R&D. Developing and succeeding in this world-class innovation organization will open many doors for your long term career, not only as a scientific researcher, but also as an innovator or a leader in other organizations in Philips or elsewhere. We also believe that we are at our best as a company when you are at yours as a person. Thus, we offer competitive health benefits, a flexible work schedule and access to local well-being focused activities.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 2.5 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there,you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
Over 125 years ago, Frederik and Gerard Philips started a small light bulb company in Eindhoven. Little did they realize that it would become a global force of innovation, committed to improving billions of lives worldwide. But it did. Today, Philips is a world leading health technology company with a vision to make life better for people worldwide through meaningful innovation. Making good on this promise depends on our passionate, inspirational, collaborative and diverse team. We have over 80,000+ brilliant people around the world but are always looking for more. Like-minded, motivated, focused minds to join us in creating a healthier, more connected society while tranforming themselves personally and professionally. Working at Philips is more than a job. It's an experience filled with unexcepted moments that will transform you in lasting and positive ways. Help us improve the world for the better while building a career that no one could have planned for. Even you.