In this role, you have the opportunity to
Contribute to the new product development for Philips homecare air category and build a high growth business that helps to improve the lives of millions of people.
You are responsible for
· Leading the electronics & electrical related E2E (from pre-development to mass production) design
· Communication and technical feasibility discussion with cross teams in the concept stage
· Detailed design delivery (technical product spec., dFEMA, electronics system architecture, design review, validation & verification, etc) during PDLM (Product Development, Launch & Maintenance) execution
· Support product quality analysis & improvement in FCR execution
· Support manufacturing and procurement in the assessment of local suppliers, and for all HW/SW technical aspects
· Support testing engineers in the definition of test specifications. Review test reports.
· Teach suppliers about Philips design and manufacturing standards. Verify supplier’s deliverables
· Track and drive electronics innovation
You are a part of
You will be one of engineering team member, who will work independently, but also team up with other functional team for technical decision.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
· Bachelor Engineering or master in Electronics / Automation / communication
· Deep knowledge of embedded system design, power circuits design of home appliance
· Deep knowledge of PCB/PCBAs manufacturing process, and design documents and procedures
· Familiar with the IEC & CCC standards (such as. IEC60335) of home appliance & EMC knowledge and solution
· Familiar with Altium Designer or other EDA tool, and Spice tool skill is preferred
· Solid embedded programming skill in C/C++
· Familiar with Design for Six Sigma, Lean development, dFMEA, VoC-to-CTQ flowdown
· Familiar with electronics reliability design
· Have a good sense of Design for Excellence (cost, performance, design requirement balance)
· Programming skill in python/C# is preferred
· Basic knowledge of BLDC motor, DC pump, sensors
· Documentation skill of PowerPoint, Word, Excel
· Good skill in English & Mandarin
· 3-10 years electronic design and engineering experience in home appliance
· Knowledge of batteries and battery management system design is preferred
In return, we offer you
A meaningful career, with new challenges in our dynamic organization, working in an encouraging multinational and multicultural environment. We are happy to provide you with this opportunity to work with new technologies. You will be surrounded by passionate and committed colleagues who share your ambition to create outstanding customer experiences. Your work will be ambitious and full of opportunities for growth. Variety and challenge will be part of your daily routines.
Why should you join Philips Domestic Appliances?
Philips’ Domestic Appliances business is a global leader with approximately 7,500 employees and EUR 2.3 billion in sales in 2019 in kitchen appliances, coffee, garment care and home care appliances, with successful products such as the Airfryer, Perfect Care Steam Generators, Automatic Coffee Machines with LatteGo and SpeedPro Max Aqua vacuum cleaner, and many more that are used by millions of people every day across the world.
In January 2020, Philips announced that it would be considering new ownership options for Domestic Appliances, and is committed to finding the right home for the business to ensure that it is set up for continued success serving customers, leveraging the Philips brand and driving growth across the markets that it serves.
In its 130-year history as a leading innovator, Philips has had to reinvent itself a number of times to remain competitive. This has involved several high-profile divestments, resulting in the company’s successful track record in managing complex change of this scale. Such transformations offer unique opportunities for employees to ‘make their mark’ and gain expertise in a specific and dynamic environment - those who can deliver results while navigating and contributing to changes will gain unique skills and perspective that will prove valuable for the rest of their careers.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
Over 125 years ago, Frederik and Gerard Philips started a small light bulb company in Eindhoven. Little did they realize that it would become a global force of innovation, committed to improving billions of lives worldwide. But it did. Today, Philips is a world leading health technology company with a vision to make life better for people worldwide through meaningful innovation. Making good on this promise depends on our passionate, inspirational, collaborative and diverse team. We have over 80,000+ brilliant people around the world but are always looking for more. Like-minded, motivated, focused minds to join us in creating a healthier, more connected society while tranforming themselves personally and professionally. Working at Philips is more than a job. It's an experience filled with unexcepted moments that will transform you in lasting and positive ways. Help us improve the world for the better while building a career that no one could have planned for. Even you.