In this role, you have the opportunity to:
As a Product Sourcing Engineer, you will be responsible for set-up of procurement processes in Idea to market, market to order and order to customer.
You are responsible for:
· Product Sourcing Engineer drives the sourcing plan, leading supplier selection and ensuring adherence to the Business Procurement strategy
· Ensures that optimized TCO (cost, quality, availability) are assured in product and business creation and through their full life cycle, utilizing DFX. –
· Drives early supplier involvement and identifies cost drivers to influence design decision making and achieve target costing
· Collaborate with Supplier Quality in the new supplier/component release process, including compliance and sustainability aspects
· Drive concept savings in new product development in close cooperation with Marketing, Quality, SCM and development
· Provides should-cost assessments for newly proposed products
· Drives the Supplier Selection Process together with the Commodity Teams
· Aligns needs with competitive landscape and technology roadmaps
· Up to date with developments in a major commodity market and the business context relevant to that market
· Lead change
· Excellent Problem Solving Skills.
· Is able to lead complex Cost Engineering activities, manage reporting of results of complex assignments to steering boards.
· Evaluate supply base trends with respect to manufacturing systems and processes and act on the subsequent data to achieved measured results.
· Authoritative expert in the cost drivers
· Set up the right procurement set / supply chain processes for world class supply chain
· Improvements in TCO in addition to BoM cost improvement.
· Understanding the principles of Value Engineering
· Cost calculations and cost reduction advice for individual components in assigned product
· Participates in project based Cost Engineering activities, manage reporting of results within the project teams
· Analyze and anticipate cost trends, develop and review cost forecasts, translate into implications for the business
You are a part of:
Product Sourcing Engineer team is responsible for set-up of procurement processes in Idea to Market, Market to order and Order to customer. KPI’s include BOM savings, procurement strategy for new products, productivity ideas and drive these with different stakeholders, supports all NPI’s, Life Cycle Management, new cost savings ideas and new procurement processes.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience:
· Master degree in a relevant technical discipline (e.g. Electro Technical, Mechanical, Optical, Thermal) - Extended with MBA (Optional)
· 10-17 years of relevant Strategic sourcing experience
· New Product Development experience needed
· Handled procurement spend profile of > € 50 M.
· An engineering bachelor’s degree or higher.
· Specific experience in product development (NPI) in & Supplier Development in high technology environments with high regulatory requirements with low volume high complexity manufacturing
· Working with global teams, environments and experience in managing local as well as global supply base
· Should have handled various commodities like Mechanical, Electrical, and electronics.
· Experience in Business facing role i.e., should have worked for strategic sourcing function for a business leading all commodities
· Key stake holders are R&D for Product development (NPI) and life cycle management, Operations, Supplier quality & Regulatory teams
· Knowledge of Magnetic resonance, Computed topography, Digital X Ray systems, related supplier base.
In return, we offer you:
A path towards your most rewarding career. Philips is growing its marketing capability enterprise wide. Succeeding in this market-based role in a complex environment will open many doors for your long term career, in other areas in Philips or otherwise. We also believe that we are at our best as a company when you are at yours as a person. Thus, we offer competitive health benefits, a flexible work schedule and access to local well-being focused activities.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 2.5 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there,you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
Over 125 years ago, Frederik and Gerard Philips started a small light bulb company in Eindhoven. Little did they realize that it would become a global force of innovation, committed to improving billions of lives worldwide. But it did. Today, Philips is a world leading health technology company with a vision to make life better for people worldwide through meaningful innovation. Making good on this promise depends on our passionate, inspirational, collaborative and diverse team. We have over 80,000+ brilliant people around the world but are always looking for more. Like-minded, motivated, focused minds to join us in creating a healthier, more connected society while tranforming themselves personally and professionally. Working at Philips is more than a job. It's an experience filled with unexcepted moments that will transform you in lasting and positive ways. Help us improve the world for the better while building a career that no one could have planned for. Even you.