Supplier Quality Manager
In this role, you have the opportunity to
- For the Personal Health business cluster, manage Supplier Quality Engineering department, implement Purchasing Controls and Supplier Quality processes related to the development, procurement and continuous improvement of manufacturing materials, components, software, sub-assemblies, contract manufactured finished devices/products or services, and their introduction into Philips supply chain.
- Manage the supplier quality engineering (SQE) department in Zhuhai providing leadership to a team of SQE’s as well as closely collaborate with Procurement, Development (I&D), Operations Quality, Product Industrialization Engineering (PIE), Project management and other stakeholders
You and your team are further responsible for:
- Collaborating with R&D, Operations and Procurement personnel to proactively engineer quality and ensure compliance for raw materials, components, finished products etc., from suppliers.
- Collaborating with project teams ensuring to proactively ensure deliverables per project phase are compliant and provided timely, this includes early supplier involvement as well.
- Managing the quality relationship with key suppliers, developing and supporting regulatory compliance gaps at suppliers, including supplier quality system and process development activities.
- Owning and managing the systems, which directly measure, and control in- bound quality and compliance including Material/ Component Specification Standards, Supplied Material Risk Rating, Supplier Risk Rating, and Supplier Rating/Response.
- Ensuring quality conformity of supplies via active monitoring of the supplier performance and take corrective actions (incident, complaint handling), including supplier audits and follow up on system failures.
- Driving quality and compliance development and/or improvement at suppliers when needed; Philips face to supplier(s) on lean and Quality improvements.
- Ensuring compliance to regulatory requirements and procedures for regulated products/processes.
- Independently works to deploy common approaches and working methods to drive ‘’One Philips’’ towards Supply Base in the assigned Business Unit.
You are part of
- You will be part of the Q&R team consisting of Supplier Quality Engineers working for the businesses Male Grooming & Beauty, reporting to the global MG & Beauty SQE Lead. You will be based in Zhuhai, traveling will be about 30%, mainly in Asia. You will work in project teams with co-ordination with Procurement teams, marketing teams, manufacturing teams at various sites, supplier teams, and other Q&R members across Philips.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Education and certificate:
- Bachelor degree in an engineering or science discipline, or equivalent. Certified Auditor or rich experience in Auditing is required, current certification with a recognized accreditation body (i.e. RAB- QSA/ IRCA) or successful completion of ASQ certification as a certified Quality Engineer (CQE) and certified Quality Auditor (CQA) or certified biomedical auditor or successful completion of a recognized Lead Auditor Course.
- 10 -14 years of total industry experience with 6+ years of related experience in a consumer goods industry with a preference for experience in a medical device or automotive or other highly regulated industry is preferred. Experience in Quality, supplier quality, NPI Engineering or project management related function is preferred.
- 3+ years of management experience, or proven track record in coaching and leading people (project leader. Etc.)
- Competencies and skills:
- Strong leadership communication and collaboration skills with cross functional stakeholders on site and globally.
- Good (fluent) verbal and written Chinese and English skills are required
- Good Quality system and problem solving knowledge and skills such as:
- Applied knowledge of ISO9001, ISO 14001 as well as appropriate global medical device regulations(preferred), requirements and standards such as 21 CFR Parts 803, 806, and 820, ISO13485, ISO13485, ISO14971, European Medical Devices Regulation, Japanese MHLW Ordinance 169
- Experience with quality systems, quality tools and methodologies, including Critical to Quality, FMEA Root Cause Analysis, DMAIC, Pareto, 8-D, 5 Why, Statistical Methods for sampling, design of experiments.
- Experience in root cause analysis, corrective and preventive action methods.
- Expertise / experience in problem solving with quality tools such as 6-sigma/ 8-D/ CAPA/ FMEA/ 5WHY etc.
- Good Knowledge of production/ quality development and control methods; CtQ definition, DfSS, SPC, APQP, FMEA, Control plans, etc.
- Knowledge of labeling and packaging requirements.
In return, we offer you
We welcome you to a challenging, innovative environment with great opportunities for you to explore. Our benefits are very competitive and designed around your preferences:
- A competitive compensation and benefits
- A Promising career development Path
- A healthy work-life balance.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there,you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
Over 125 years ago, Frederik and Gerard Philips started a small light bulb company in Eindhoven.
Little did they realize that it would become a global force of innovation, committed to
improving billions of lives worldwide. But it did.
Today, Philips is a world leading health technology company with a vision to make life better
for people worldwide through meaningful innovation. Making good on this promise depends on our
passionate, inspirational, collaborative and diverse team.
We have over 80,000+ brilliant people around the world but are always looking for more.
Like-minded, motivated, focused minds to join us in creating a healthier, more connected society
while tranforming themselves personally and professionally.
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's an experience filled with unexcepted moments that
will transform you in lasting and positive ways. Help us improve the world for the better while
building a career that no one could have planned for. Even you.