Sr. Procurement Project Manager
In this role, you have the opportunity to
- Participate in savings projects, sustaining engineering, supplier performance challenges, value engineering workshops and DfX programs, new product introduction (NPI) projects,
You are responsible for
(Lead cost savings/productivity projects)
- SMRS Funnel Management (IL1-2): for idea generation and promotion
- Development of business cases (IL1-2) incl. NPV, ROI calculations
- Accountable for productivity projects schedule
- Responsible for Part enrichment, PIPO (Phase In Phase Out) and Tracking of savings
- Productivity Projects Resource Alignment with BU
- Responsible for supply base regionalization and LCC increase strategy (including funnel projects)
- Drive product cost reduction through DfX/Value Engineering, supply chain optimization continuously for the running products and existing supply bases, and new products development.
- Initiate and lead cost savings program and reach cost savings target, in-line with business priorities.
- Closely work with commodity team /supply account manager, and lead RFQ/cost engineering/supply base consolidation improvements, scouting, sourcing, benchmarking under authority.
- Lead supplier risk management/improvement and supplier selection
- Closely work with operation/supply chain/in-house factories to make sure on-time delivery and quality calibration
- Proactively drive supplier’s support on alternative sources, on-time delivery and efficient stock management.
- End of life components management and alert, supply performance improvement.
- Actively involve and quick response towards delivery and quality related issues management and problem solving.
- Strong support to business team to maintain and improve
- Full compliance improvement programe,
- Business or factory audit.
- CAPA actions follow-up.
- In/outsourcing activities (knowledge transfer, supplier ramp-up, etc.)
You are a part of
- A professional Project Procurement team.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- BS or above in Electrical, Mechanical or related field with technical and engineering understanding, MS preferred.
- Above 10 years working experience in a high mix assembly type industry, such as Medical industry, EMS) in R&D, NPI, Project management, Procurement/sourcing function. Experience in the healthcare industry preferred.
- Latest experience in purchasing function and Product Development teams with at least 3 of those years in a dedicated Project Manager role are plus.
- Strong commercial sense of cost savings is required. Understanding the approaches of Value Engineering, DfX (design for excellence) is preferred.
- Transfer projects towards a successful outcome. This requires project mgmt. skills (PMP certified), x-functional leadership skills
Experience of supplier quality improvement and executing APQP (advanced product quality planning) is a plus.
- Technically well-versed with at least a strong working knowledge of engineering concepts, electronics and mechanical, and embedded software
- Strong communication skills to work with internal and external contacts at all levels within the organization; with positive personal impact, listens actively and be able to articulate own thoughts convincingly both verbal and written form.
- Good English and Chinese language skills in both verbal and written is a MUST.
- Working independently under pressure with self-motivation and performance driven is a must.
- Flexible to lead telephone conference with stakeholders in US and Europe in the evening or early morning.
In return, we offer you
- Experiences and opportunities that add many unexpected and enriching moments to your lives. Especially when the innovative health technologies and solutions they help develop benefit your own friends and family.
Why should you join Philips?
- Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
Over 125 years ago, Frederik and Gerard Philips started a small light bulb company in Eindhoven.
Little did they realize that it would become a global force of innovation, committed to
improving billions of lives worldwide. But it did.
Today, Philips is a world leading health technology company with a vision to make life better
for people worldwide through meaningful innovation. Making good on this promise depends on our
passionate, inspirational, collaborative and diverse team.
We have over 80,000+ brilliant people around the world but are always looking for more.
Like-minded, motivated, focused minds to join us in creating a healthier, more connected society
while tranforming themselves personally and professionally.
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's an experience filled with unexcepted moments that
will transform you in lasting and positive ways. Help us improve the world for the better while
building a career that no one could have planned for. Even you.