Sr. Manager, Manufacturing
In this role, you have the opportunity to
- Be responsible of the production activities (in terms of Safety, Quality, Cost, Delay, Motivation-SQCDM) of one Manufacturing Workshop, in terms of targets achievement and results improvement.
- Be responsible for Lean deployment on his/her Workshop.
- Lead productivity improvement of his/her perimeter
You are responsible for
- Ensure that any new employee of his/her perimeter follows an Induction process.
- Monitor competences for his/her team and develop autonomy (building training plan, follow-up & training actions implementation).
- Ensure working standards are respected in the workshop (safety, work instructions, quality, respect of the product).
- Ensure that standards of reaction are applied with rigor and perform escalation according to standards.
- Lead daily, weekly & monthly meetings, and organize delegation.
- Conduct annual appraisals, salary review, career interviews, succession planning & continuous feedback.
- Communicate a mindset of continuous improvement & responsibility vs. targets achievement inside the workshop.
- Perform on the Job coaching of his/her team every day on standards & methodologies
- Promote the Philips 5 behaviors
- Congratulate and recognize his/her team for improvements.
- Ensure a positive social climate in his/her Workshop.
- Ensure enforcement of health, safety, and environmental rules.
- Ensure curative & preventive maintenance of equipment & sustainable TPM deployment.
- Define work standards with the help of support functions.
- Be responsible for customer satisfaction.
- Be accountable for SQCDM performance and absorption of his/her workshop, in terms of targets achievement, and improvement.
- Ensure optimal use of equipment (OEE).
- Assign & check corrective actions on recurring problems with workshop and Plant support departments.
- Escalate at Site level the issues that can’t be solved at workshop level.
- Validate monthly the demonstrated capacity of his/ her workshop and communicate to Planning.
- Weekly commit on Production Plan.
- In case of daily Production Plan deviation, take necessary measures to have respected weekly Production Plan at end of the week.
- Manage continuous improvement
- Lead workshop IRCA (Incident Root Cause Analysis) for Safety, Quality, Direct Labor efficiency.
- Lead everyday gemba activities with his/her team
- Lead & review action plans to improve SQCDM performance (actual and targets).
- Be responsible for Customer Line Return analysis and solving for products from his/her workshop
- Manage the Hoshin & Productivity plan of his/her workshop, ensuring that there are permanently Kaizen workshops ongoing
- Propose workshop lay out evolutions to simplify flows.
You are a part of
- Professional operations management team based in Shenzhen, report to Plant Manager/Sr. Operations Director.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Education: University (BS/MSc) degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar
- Experience: 10 years and above in manufacturing with high quality requirement (Medical, Automotive, etc.), Experience in managing a large team (over hundred) in manufacturing is preferred,
- Experience in managing a large team in manufacturing is preferred Demonstrated a solid track record in hands-on implementation of Lean and six sigma Competency and Skills:
- Good communication skills in Chinese and English. Spoken English fluency is not a must, but good writing competence is required.
- Good communicator and people manager
- Familiar with any ERP systems (preferably with SAP)
In return, we offer you
- Sharpen your talents with new challenges in our dynamic organization. As a market-driven company, we’re used to listening to our customers & apply the same thinking to our employees. We offer a competitive salary, outstanding benefits and flexibility in a career with a positive and supportive atmosphere in which to develop your talents further.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
Over 125 years ago, Frederik and Gerard Philips started a small light bulb company in Eindhoven.
Little did they realize that it would become a global force of innovation, committed to
improving billions of lives worldwide. But it did.
Today, Philips is a world leading health technology company with a vision to make life better
for people worldwide through meaningful innovation. Making good on this promise depends on our
passionate, inspirational, collaborative and diverse team.
We have over 80,000+ brilliant people around the world but are always looking for more.
Like-minded, motivated, focused minds to join us in creating a healthier, more connected society
while tranforming themselves personally and professionally.
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's an experience filled with unexcepted moments that
will transform you in lasting and positive ways. Help us improve the world for the better while
building a career that no one could have planned for. Even you.