In this role, you have the opportunity to
The physicist shall take responsibility over quality and deliverables from end to end in the product cycle and shall not hesitate to contribute in other aspects of development as the need arises. They shall develop and maintain the extensive R&D framework with a wide variety of modeling, simulation and diagnostic tools to support algorithmic research, image chain technology and image/data analysis during product development. The physicist will provide detailed specification documents for nominal product implementation with a focus on optimal image quality, competitive system and dose performance and other considerations. They will provide consultation to a software implementation team in productizing new algorithms. The physicist shall carry out industrial research in advanced technological areas on issues for which empirical evidence may have been found, but have basically yet to be proven, or to find new principles or solutions where current technologies fail
You are responsible for
• Investigate image quality issues from current sites to determine probable causes • Participate in site visits to represent Research and Development
• Develop Image Quality (IQ) requirements based on industry standards and market needs
• Negotiate requirements with Marketing, Customer Support, and Operations
• Design algorithms, create specifications and drive improvements for image reconstruction, image assessment, artifact suppression, data calibration, post processing, detector technology and phantom design
• Design verification, manufacturing testing, and customer testing for requirements related to image quality, system performance and radiation dose. Generate evidence needed for reviews and reporting.
• May be responsible for image quality and system performance features on a product development project • Participate in Technology Roadmap definition
• Publish/present papers and submit patents based on Advanced Development (AD) research and New Product Introduction (NPI) projects
• Develop simulations in support of Proof of Concept (POC) and Advanced Development (AD)
• Participate in industry organizations to develop industry standards
• Participate in assessments of competitive positions
• Optimize processes within the department
• Promote knowledge sharing across BIUs
• Mentor other research scientist in the department
You are a part of
A progressive and energetic team that contributes directly to the growth of the business.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
Master of Science in Computer Science, Physics, Biomedical Engineering, Mathematics or equivalent degree in a Scientific/Engineering discipline, or Bachelor's + 2 years professional industry experience in the relevant technical discipline.
3-5 years of experience in product research and development beyond the education qualification
• Proficiency in MATLAB®, including GUI development and C-MEX
• Experience with software development in C/C++/C#
• Experience with simulation and modeling tools, e.g. GATE, Simulink
• Medical image reconstruction knowledge relevant to the position, e.g., PET, SPECT, CT
• Working knowledge of human anatomy and physiology
• Demonstrable clear oral communication, as well as well-organized documentation skills; excellent command of
written and spoken English
• Demonstrated ability to work and contribute in a team environment
• Demonstrated capability to conduct and lead technical reviews
• Proficiency with the image/signal processing and algorithm development
• Evidence of high initiative and graduate level research skills on previous projects. Ability to work independently
to draw necessary information from a variety of sources in pursuit of a problem solution.
• Evidence of ability to design and execute detailed system experiments and to generate clear documentation of
• Analytical skills
• Excellent technical writing and presentation skills to multiple levels of management
• Excellent communication and conflict resolution skills including: Ability to interface well with internal and
external customers, Ability to document and explain complicated algorithms and problems to non-specialists in a
clear and understandable manner
In return, we offer you
A path towards your most rewarding career. Philips is growing its technical capability enterprise wide. Succeeding in this role in a complex environment will open many doors for your long term career, in other areas in Philips or otherwise.
Our benefits are very competitive and designed around your preferences:
• We offer a market conform salary
• A variable bonus based on both Philips results and personal performance
• Convenient working conditions in office
• Extensive set of tools to drive your career, such as a personal development budget, free training and coaching
• Attractive collective health insurance package
• Opportunity to buy Philips products with discount
• Healthy work-life balance
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 2.5 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there,you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
Over 125 years ago, Frederik and Gerard Philips started a small light bulb company in Eindhoven. Little did they realize that it would become a global force of innovation, committed to improving billions of lives worldwide. But it did. Today, Philips is a world leading health technology company with a vision to make life better for people worldwide through meaningful innovation. Making good on this promise depends on our passionate, inspirational, collaborative and diverse team. We have over 80,000+ brilliant people around the world but are always looking for more. Like-minded, motivated, focused minds to join us in creating a healthier, more connected society while tranforming themselves personally and professionally. Working at Philips is more than a job. It's an experience filled with unexcepted moments that will transform you in lasting and positive ways. Help us improve the world for the better while building a career that no one could have planned for. Even you.