Principal Scientist and Team Lead, Medical Imaging
In this role, you have the opportunity to
initiate and drive innovation roadmaps and industrial research to enable meaningful innovations resulting in Philips growth.
You are responsible for
- Leads industrial research on medical image analysis, including creating concepts, designing algorithms in collaboration with hospitals, developing and implementing prototypes hands-on, and evaluating and validating in the hospital settings.
- Provides technical leadership and applies the knowledge and expertise to develop innovative technologies and solutions for precision diagnosis and image guided therapy.
- Proposes and drives new initiatives in relevant areas that potentially have high business impact, based on thorough understanding of unmet needs and up-to-date technological development.
- Is responsible for steering the research direction and approach of relevant projects, and smooth and efficient execution of research projects, and endeavor in translating research outcome into business opportunities.
- Solves problems conventionally and independently, documents well the research outcome, delivers required research outcome in the form of IP, internal technical reports and quality publications, where applicable.
- Leads know-how and competency buildup on department level in the relevant areas regarding precision diagnosis and image guided therapy in general.
- Is responsible for maintaining and updating personal knowledge and expertise, in respect to innovation, new technical developments and quality, within his/her application areas.
- Maintains and strengthens the network in industry and academy, in order to participate in strategic platforms and to keep track of new developments.
- Determines, in consultation with the Management Team, the team’s objectives, policies, processes and budgets on short and long term, makes sure that the organization can meet the objectives and ensures that the roles and responsibilities are put in place.
- Manages capabilities of the team, to develop and maintain a long-term view on the required competences and knowledge to introduce new technology. Ensures that there are adequate resources and tools at the proper time, is responsible for the technology and architecture, and is responsible for maintaining and improving the team’s knowledge and expertise.
- Ensures appropriate personnel management practices regarding recruitment and selection, adequate staffing, remuneration, performance appraisals, education and training.
- Ensures an engaged, innovative, and inspiring working environment in the team by motivating, challenging, and coaching the team towards growth, manages and optimizes the innovative climate, stimulating entrepreneurship and driving engagement
- Is co-responsible for achieving operational plans, guides Project Managers/Leaders and ensures the optimal allocation of personnel to the projects and effective project management, Ensure excellent project execution by constantly optimizing project management practices in the team to exceed customer expectations.
- Cooperates with relevant parties outside of the department. Works across the borders of the own team– e.g. formulate strategies or project proposals across organizational borders, cooperating with team leaders, project leaders, programs and the business. Establishes a network with relevant players; scientific relations outside of the team and with the business - on all topics, and actively using this network to obtain input on technological developments, identifying trends and opportunities.
You are a part of
Philips Research is the essential force of front end innovation. Philips Research China was established in 2000. The PD (Precision Diagnosis) & IGT (Image Guided Therapy) department is working on precision diagnosis, image guided therapy and related Health informatic system. You will report directly to PD/IGT CN department head. You will have close interaction with global research team and relevant local/global Business.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Education: Master’s degree or equivalent in Biomedical Engineering and/or business discipline, with minimum 10+ years of relevant experience
- Evidence of strong project management skills
- Experienced in leading a team, coaching and motivating people
- Solid experience on medical imaging and/or image analysis with good track record e.g. publications at renowned international journals/conferences
- Expert knowledge of product development for consumer propositions, preferably medical consumer propositions, preferably experience with design for 6 sigma/Green belt/ Lean/ Agile development
- Understanding and analysis of market, industry and technology trends, and clinical workflow and systems, with an emphasis on radiology or interventional procedures.
- Fluency in written/spoken English and Chinese for technical writing and strong presentation skills
- Ability to cooperate in a global matrix organization / multi-site matrixed environment, and collaborative and communicative mindset with stakeholders such as clinical, R&D, business and academic professionals
- Able to continuously challenge the status quo, with a strong desire to improve organizational effectiveness structurally
- Strong drive for results with strong problem solving capability
- Knowledge and experience in clinical practice and clinical trials is a plus
- Travel Frequency: <1 trip per week
In return, we offer you
A path towards your most rewarding career. Philips is growing its Artificial Intelligence. Succeeding in this challenging role will open many doors for your long term career, in other areas in Philips or otherwise. We also believe that we are at our best as a company when you are at yours as a person. Thus, we offer competitive health benefits, a flexible work schedule and access to local well-being focused activities.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 2.5 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there,you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.