Senior SW Quality Engineer
In this role, you have the opportunity to
- Lead SW quality engineering activities like: Designing SW Quality plans, overseeing the execution of SW Quality Plans, assessing complex software designs and reviewing test and other complex performance data, analyses market feedback, lead complex root cause analysis and complex SW Quality problem solving.
- Also provide other SW Quality engineering support, including assisting organizational units in leading resolution of SW Quality engineering deficiencies.
You are responsible for
- Ensure that appropriate SW Quality plans are made that include all stages of the software life cycle and supports SW Quality Plan design
- Validates key design inputs like usability, reliability, performance, supportability, manufacturability, localizability, safety, security, privacy, serviceability, sustainability and costs
- Provides effective oversight of the execution of the SW Quality Plan and any Risk Management activities, and of all design related activities during software lifecycle.
- Can lead quality related problem solving for software
- Use post-market analytics and statistics to report on software performance in the field (provide feedback to manufacturing, suppliers or design teams) and initiate field actions when required
- Act as a single point of contact (person assigned to project team) responsible to ensure that software design quality related requirements/criteria are completed and meet SW Quality standards for every PRP milestone
- Make a substantial contribution to ways of combining Agile with medical software development
- Support and facilitate the department in enabling and assuring that products are developed and produced in compliance with requirements from applicable standards
You are part of
- A professional software quality team with global exposure and report to Software Quality Assurance Director in Eindhoven.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelor’s engineering degree or equivalent with > 5 years of related experience, or a Master’s degree with > 3 years of related experience.
- Experience in software project quality engineer is required, experience with APP, Cloud, web-portals, etc. is highly preferred
- ASQ certification as Certified SW Quality Engineer or DfSS Green Belt / Black Belt. -Nice to have
- Working knowledge of appropriate global medical device or consumer product regulations, requirements, and standards.
- Recent 3 years of related experience in a medical device is strongly preferred
- Highly Customer first, quality and integrity mindset
- Able to clearly communicate with all levels within the organization
- Team player, strong cross-functional communication both English (most have) and Chinese (preferred) languages
In return, we offer you
• Experiences and opportunities that add many unexpected and enriching moments to your lives. Especially when the innovative health technologies and solutions they help develop benefit your own friends and family.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 2.5 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there,you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
Over 125 years ago, Frederik and Gerard Philips started a small light bulb company in Eindhoven.
Little did they realize that it would become a global force of innovation, committed to
improving billions of lives worldwide. But it did.
Today, Philips is a world leading health technology company with a vision to make life better
for people worldwide through meaningful innovation. Making good on this promise depends on our
passionate, inspirational, collaborative and diverse team.
We have over 80,000+ brilliant people around the world but are always looking for more.
Like-minded, motivated, focused minds to join us in creating a healthier, more connected society
while tranforming themselves personally and professionally.
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's an experience filled with unexcepted moments that
will transform you in lasting and positive ways. Help us improve the world for the better while
building a career that no one could have planned for. Even you.