In this role, you have the opportunity to
Product Sourcing Engineer is responsible to drive Advanced Development & New Product Development (PDLM projects) to industrialize the supplier base for the new innovation projects and to drive Product Cost Roadmaps for released products focused on cost, quality and risk improvements
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIES
· Create strategic impact by engaging early in the Advanced Development & Product Development Lifecycle Maintenance (PDLM) projects to deploy innovative solutions from the supplier base for cost, quality & risk, to industrialize the suppliers and to transfer the projects to Manufacturing & Procurement
· Drive the sourcing plan for New Product projects using I2M Planner
· Execute the sourcing plan deliverables to ensure project targets are achieved for cost, quality, risk and optimized TCO. Influence targets based external competitive benchmarks
· Orchestrate and assemble the sourcing grid details for the NPI BoM in partnership with Procurement and bring to Sourcing Board for decision
· Assemble and engage suppliers on project BoM RFPs using Ariba e-RFQ
· Conduct DfX activities to identify opportunity to improve product cost, quality and risk
· Conduct early supplier innovation events to bring suppliers earlier in the product innovation process
· Influence R&D and capture supplier innovation in the products to optimize the propositions and achieve the best value for Philips and its customers Develop innovative solutions to simplify, standardize or platform components or assemblies across the portfolio
You are responsible for
· An engineering professional providing cost reduction, quality improvement, and risk reduction via supplier engagement in Advanced Development & Product Development Lifecycle Maintenance (PDLM) projects
· An engineering professional providing valuable product and supply base insights into the business
· Considered to be a key partner in early phase innovation or in the manufacturing phase. • Contributes to developing the product and supply base
· Understanding the principles of DfX (L1)
· Understanding the principles of the materials / goods flow
· Able to read and understand blueprints and other engineering documentation
· Understanding the principles of Executing new product introduction Projects • Participates in multi-disciplinary project teams and contributes to developing cost engineering processes • Exhibits engineering curiosity and willingness to experiment
· Is able to lead cost down, Quality up, and risk reduction projects and drives sourcing activities in new product introduction projects • Is able to manage reporting of results within the project teams. • Stimulates significant impact on the sourcing and cost price of a new product and supports total cost improvement discussions. • Based on supply value of > € 10 M
Key performance indicators.
· Deliver NPI as per plan –
· Achieve PDLM Product Launch Targets (cost, quality, risk) –
· Supplier DPPM per Product - Supplier Incoming PPM per Product –
· First Pass Yield per Product - Capex per Product –
· Procurement savings - Procurement savings funnel - Supplier Risk - Supplier Dual Sourcing
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
· Bachelors, master degree in a relevant industrial, technical, operational, or business discipline
· Engineering or Supply Chain related Professional with an 7-12 years proven track record
· Broad experience in R&D, Ops, and / or Quality
· Experience with Marketing
In return, we offer you
A path towards your most rewarding career. Philips is growing its marketing capability enterprise wide. Succeeding in this Product Sourcing Engineer role in a complex environment will open many doors for your long-term career, in other areas in Philips or otherwise. We also believe that we are at our best as a company when you are at yours as a person. Thus, we offer competitive health benefits, a flexible work schedule and access to local well-being focused activities.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 2.5 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there,you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
Over 125 years ago, Frederik and Gerard Philips started a small light bulb company in Eindhoven. Little did they realize that it would become a global force of innovation, committed to improving billions of lives worldwide. But it did. Today, Philips is a world leading health technology company with a vision to make life better for people worldwide through meaningful innovation. Making good on this promise depends on our passionate, inspirational, collaborative and diverse team. We have over 80,000+ brilliant people around the world but are always looking for more. Like-minded, motivated, focused minds to join us in creating a healthier, more connected society while tranforming themselves personally and professionally. Working at Philips is more than a job. It's an experience filled with unexcepted moments that will transform you in lasting and positive ways. Help us improve the world for the better while building a career that no one could have planned for. Even you.