In this role, you have the opportunity to
·Creates a working environment that continuously improves the Health and Safety of workers, including identification and management of occupational risk, provision of information and training, review of performance and provision of sufficient resources to maintain an effective H&S program
· Manages and deploys the processes and standards with embedded quality into the way of working including adherence to compliance with safety, regulatory- and environmental requirements as well as local laws, Philips General Business principles and other policies
· Accountable for the preparation and execution of one or more manufacturing production processes to deliver safe, compliant, quality products and services to our customers. This can be both in-house as outsources activities.
· Leads the production unit, related processes and staff in the execution of activities that lead to world-class operational performance.
· Ensures manufacturing performance, volume, quality, and cost goals are met by utilizing efficient methods and maintaining appropriate staffing levels.
· Identifies production capacity bottlenecks regarding own resources proactively and manages external (specialized) production capacity.
· Assists with planning and directing an efficient layout of equipment and flow of materials including preparation of investment plans.
Executes and/or support projects, goals, and metrics and drive continue improvement efforts.
· Initiates/sponsors production dominated improvement projects. Represents production function in cross-functional projects.
· Is responsible for performance feedback cycle and recruiting process of competence group. Increases technical knowledge of the team via facilitating knowledge transfer (e.g. mentorship, coaching)
You are responsible for
· Prepares financial forecasts and annual operating plan
· Conducts appraisals
· Responsible for the Continuous Improvement in her/his sector.
· Monitor team and individual performance.
· Optimize manufacturing performance metrics like productivity, cost of non-Quality, equipment utilization and overall efficiency
· Ensure operators are properly trained in processes used for completion of products/parts
· Ensure operators are properly trained in Health & Safety related to processes, tools, equipment used in the completion of products/parts
· Ensure work instructions and tools used comply with specifications and requirements
· Lead Lean projects.
· CAPEX involvement and decision
· Define Industrialization requirements of NPI in collaboration with ME/PIE
· Oversees the implementation of new systems and processes.
Effective problem identification and Complex problem-solving skills using operational excellence tools and Lean Methodology
· Conducts and presents analyses of production and process data to support improvements.
· Proven diagnostic analytics and performance management skills
· Deep Knowledge of Lean, value stream and process management to drive improvements and
to solve complex problems in a manufacturing environment.
· Maintain Challenging quality Certification (FDA, Multi ISO).
· Define Change Management related to Continuous Improvement
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 2.5 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there,you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
Over 125 years ago, Frederik and Gerard Philips started a small light bulb company in Eindhoven. Little did they realize that it would become a global force of innovation, committed to improving billions of lives worldwide. But it did. Today, Philips is a world leading health technology company with a vision to make life better for people worldwide through meaningful innovation. Making good on this promise depends on our passionate, inspirational, collaborative and diverse team. We have over 80,000+ brilliant people around the world but are always looking for more. Like-minded, motivated, focused minds to join us in creating a healthier, more connected society while tranforming themselves personally and professionally. Working at Philips is more than a job. It's an experience filled with unexcepted moments that will transform you in lasting and positive ways. Help us improve the world for the better while building a career that no one could have planned for. Even you.