Senior Supplier Quality Engineer
In this role, you have the opportunity to
- Support and coordinate with STET Program Mgrs. / sustaining BG/ BU SQE on all transfer / NPI projects from APQP-PSW product realization process in support of the Philips STET organization
You are responsible for
- Support / coordination of all assigned STET projects with STET Program Mgr. / BG/BU SQE in a Transfer / NPI project environment from and APQP- PSW product realization execution standpoint as part of MLD (Modified Launch Design) process.
- Support of STET Project Transfer / NPI project PN’s from a supplier DPPM KPI standpoint in post PSW approval environment
- Deployment of RC /CA for all issues with chosen project suppliers, to mitigate all product risk /Sustaining timeline risk
- Support on-site/off-site project supplier quality development from APQP-PSW standpoint including execution support of all PSW approval stages in coordination with BG-BU SQE / STET Project Mgr./ project suppliers
- Performing requisite supplier technical assessment and quality system audits where needed in support of NPI / Transfer projects.
- Bring your external SQE execution experience in a supplier quality engineering setting, implement and deploy APQP-PPAP (PSW) process at supplier site locations. This is done in support of transfer / NPI (New Product Introduction) projects as part of the Supplier Quality Engineering role within the Philips STET organization.
- Your challenge will be to guide our Supplier Partners and ensure project timelines are always met, while delivering the quality and integrity of Philips APQP-PSW process. This involves being a confident in on site execution of APQP-PSW skill sets tools, managing multiple projects in support of STET project leader, effective communication and working flexibly within the STET SQE team and with suppliers. You will be responsible for ensuring all project timeline goals are met on time the first time in accordance with Philips APQP-PSW process to achieve an on-time delivery of high quality and outstanding reliable products.
You are a part of
- Philips STET Global SQE team that is part of the overall Philips Global STET team
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- BS in an engineering discipline (ie; mechanical / electrical / industrial)
- Minimum 3 to 7 years direct SQE external supplier on site interface and execution of APQP-PPAP process in a transfer / migration setting and / or New Product Introduction setting
- Experienced in highly regulated industry preferred such as Automotive / Aerospace / Medical
- Required mandatory skills – Familiar with electrical (electric/mechanical / PCBA) or/and Mechanical manufacturing processes (tooling/injection molding/die casting/stamping, etc.). Either is fine.
- Required technical skills – APQP-PPAP, problem solving methodology, PFD / MSA / SPC / FMEA training / Cpk Capability / DMAIC process / Minitab Microsoft Office Suite use
- Competencies and skills:
- Six Sigma GB certified, BB certification preferred, Lead auditor certification and experience preferred.
- Ability to work independently, think analytically, and apply methodical engineering problem solving skills required.
- Ability to influence others and build effective working relationships both internally and externally at various organizational levels.
- Strong Leadership and execution skills preferred
- Professional communication skills in Chinese and English are a MUST, both oral and written.
- Ability to travel up to 25+%.
In return, we offer you
- Benefits of working in a highly technical environment with others who will add to the overall growth of the candidate from a competency standpoint. Rotational engineering opportunities are another benefit for qualifying candidates.
Why should you join Philips?
- Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 2.5 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 2.5 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there,you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
Over 125 years ago, Frederik and Gerard Philips started a small light bulb company in Eindhoven.
Little did they realize that it would become a global force of innovation, committed to
improving billions of lives worldwide. But it did.
Today, Philips is a world leading health technology company with a vision to make life better
for people worldwide through meaningful innovation. Making good on this promise depends on our
passionate, inspirational, collaborative and diverse team.
We have over 80,000+ brilliant people around the world but are always looking for more.
Like-minded, motivated, focused minds to join us in creating a healthier, more connected society
while tranforming themselves personally and professionally.
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's an experience filled with unexcepted moments that
will transform you in lasting and positive ways. Help us improve the world for the better while
building a career that no one could have planned for. Even you.