Domestic Appliances - Supplier Quality Engineering Manager
In this role, you have the opportunity to
- You will be the key responsible person to manage a group of suppliers on industrialization, quality and technical capabilities.
- You will maintain effective relationships with suppliers and internal stake holders, match Philips material needs and Supplier capabilities and monitor and improve supplier quality performance.
- You will approve new and changed modules/components and establish quality agreements.
- You will support cost-down programs and new product introduction.
You are responsible for
- Each one SQE is a role model and exemplary to drive Quality awareness both internally in the organization and externally with ODM /suppliers. Co work and reach out beyond boundary i.e. I&D, Operations and Procurement personnel to proactively engineering QRD (Quality , Reliability and Durability).
- Manage and proactively drive Quality Assurance end to end(E2E) at assigned supplier(s) from Development to lifecycle phase. Accountable and responsible for all process, material and design related to supplier manufacturing of Finish Goods, parts and it’s tiers.
- To provide Quality related E2E input to Quality agreements, project books (Q-targets, etc.), sourcing grid etc. To attend and provide pre-defined input to Supplier related meetings i.e. Supplier Monthly Quality review Meeting, BRM and PDLM meetings etc.
- To participate and engage Product Development Process via APQP-PSW-LRP to proactively ensure raw materials/components/products at supplier(s) and N-Tiers are released from supplier(s) to Philips according to the agreed Quality norms. Enable and ensure supplier compliance to Product/Process specification and relevant regulatory requirements per QIP or RID. If otherwise, to escalate unresolved non compliances of regulatory, risks and issues to relevant Philips Team for support and resolution.
- To perform Gap Analysis, outcome of Gemba walk to be shared with PHILIPS and Supplier stakeholders proactively in de risking supplier process, material and design discrepancies/risks. Escalate till resolved. Never give up and compromise. Do request our suppliers to do similar de risking activity on the CTX parts and elements of it’s suppliers(N –Tier Mgt).
- Supplier Oversight Performance monitoring (SOM or PM) true data collection, analysis and continuous Improvement. Use of right Quality approaches/methodologies in the sense of continuous Improvement and availability of adequate supplier Organization to drive sustainable improvements towards supplier independency and competence.
- Initiate and drive SCAR (including Preventive SCAR) for communicating and addressing non compliances of regulatory, repeated risks and issues from external and internal. Follow up on effective SCAR closure (raised by SQE) and SCAR overview on assigned suppliers.
You are part of:
- An energetic team that contributes directly to the growth of the business. You have a direct reporting line to the SQE Leader.
- To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience:
To be successful in this role, you should have:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering
- >5 years working experience in Supplier Quality, Product Quality or Process Engineering preferably with Electrical/Mechanical knowledge. Experience in Small Demotic appliance or related parts manufacturing is a plus.
- Good understanding of statistical methods, quality tools and methodologies (8D, CTQ breakdown, DFSS, SPC, FMEA, Control Plan, APQP)
- Strong analytical problem solver with demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgment while working independently to resolve supplier quality issues.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interface effectively and professionally internal contacts at all levels of the organization.
- Proactive and driver ship approach to anticipating issues, enforcing decisions, balancing opportunities and mitigating quality risks as early as possible.
- High performance and efficient worker with a track record of delivering on commitments.
- Detail oriented and able to multi-task in a high energy and fast paced-environment with critical and tight schedules.
- Basic leadership ability and strong social skills towards global and cross-functional team
- Good English and Mandarin are required (to work with Suppliers in China)
- Willing to travel frequently around 50%.
- Green Belt or Black Belt certification will be an added advantage.
- Good understanding of LEAN philosophies & tools\
In return, we offer you
A meaningful career, with new challenges in our dynamic organization, working in an encouraging multinational and multicultural environment. We are happy to provide you with this opportunity to work with new technologies. You will be surrounded by passionate and committed, colleagues who share your ambition to create outstanding customer experiences. Your work will be ambitious and full of opportunities for growth. Variety and challenge will be part of your daily routines.
Why should you join Domestic Appliances?
Philips’ Domestic Appliances business is a global leader with EUR 2.3 billion in sales in 2019 in kitchen appliances, coffee, garment care and home care appliances, with successful products such as the Airfryer, Perfect Care Steam Generators, Automatic Coffee Machines with LatteGo and SpeedPro Max Aqua vacuum cleaner, and many more that are used by millions of people every day across the world.
In January 2020, Philips announced that it would be considering new ownership options for Domestic Appliances, as it is not a strategic fit for the company’s future as a health technology leader, and committed to finding the right home for the business to ensure that it is set up for continued success serving customers, leveraging the Philips brand and driving growth across the markets that it serves.
In its 128-year history as a leading innovator, Philips has had to reinvent itself a number of times to remain competitive. This has involved several high-profile divestments, resulting in the company’s successful track record in managing complex change of this scale. Such transformations offer unique opportunities for employees to ‘make their mark’ and gain expertise in a specific and dynamic environment - those who can deliver results while navigating and contributing to changes will gain unique skills and perspective that will prove valuable for the rest of their careers.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.