In this role, you have the opportunity to
Work within the Air category to create healthier, cleaner and more comfortable air indoor at home or in the office. Use your technical knowledge and communication skills to source for the best suppliers, negotiate the right price and drive value engineering in new product development projects.
You are responsible for
· Representing the procurement function in New Product Development projects, both working with the engineering and marketing functions to thoroughly understand the project’s sourcing needs.
· Ensure timely, qualitative and in full execution of the Procurement related deliverables in Product Development and Launch projects to enable supplier selection and contracting.
· Use Design-for-eXcellence (Value Engineering) methodology in New Product Development as well as running product portfolio.
· Manage suppliers, driving a quality mindset, preparing and executing recurring negotiations on cost, delivery performance and quality.
· Idea generation on concept or sourcing savings to generate a sustainable savings funnel and ensure profitability of our product ranges.
You are a part of
The Procurement Team supporting the Air business category with stakeholders located over three sites in Amsterdam (NL), Drachten (NL) and Shanghai (CN). You will have the opportunity to work with diverse multi-cultural and multi-functional teams on challenging and rewarding projects in a dynamic and fast-growing organization.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
· Graduate with Bachelor or Master’s degree in, the areas of: engineering background (industrial, electrical, software) or business degree with strong affinity with technology.
· Experienced in working with multicultural and cross-functional teams.
· Confident in interacting with external suppliers.
· Very good communication skills and fluent in English (both verbal and written).
· Self-driven and pro-active, able to work independently in a virtual environment
· Developed analytical thinking skills with an eye for detail
In return, we offer you
A meaningful career, with new challenges in our dynamic organization, working in an encouraging multinational and multicultural environment. We are happy to provide you with this opportunity to work with new technologies. You will be surrounded by passionate and committed colleagues who share your ambition to create outstanding customer experiences. Your work will be ambitious and full of opportunities for growth. Variety and challenge will be part of your daily routines.
Why should you join Philips?
Philips’ Domestic Appliances business is a global leader with approximately 7,500 employees and EUR 2.3 billion in sales in 2019 in kitchen appliances, coffee, garment care and home care appliances, with successful products such as the Airfryer, Air Purifier, Perfect Care Steam Generators, Automatic Coffee Machines with LatteGo and SpeedPro Max Aqua vacuum cleaner, and many more that are used by millions of people every day across the world.
In its 130-year history as a leading innovator, Philips has had to reinvent itself a number of times to remain competitive. This has involved several high-profile divestments, resulting in the company’s successful track record in managing complex change of this scale. Such transformations offer unique opportunities for employees to ‘make their mark’ and gain expertise in a specific and dynamic environment - those who can deliver results while navigating and contributing to changes will gain unique skills and perspective that will prove valuable for the rest of their careers.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
Over 125 years ago, Frederik and Gerard Philips started a small light bulb company in Eindhoven. Little did they realize that it would become a global force of innovation, committed to improving billions of lives worldwide. But it did. Today, Philips is a world leading health technology company with a vision to make life better for people worldwide through meaningful innovation. Making good on this promise depends on our passionate, inspirational, collaborative and diverse team. We have over 80,000+ brilliant people around the world but are always looking for more. Like-minded, motivated, focused minds to join us in creating a healthier, more connected society while tranforming themselves personally and professionally. Working at Philips is more than a job. It's an experience filled with unexcepted moments that will transform you in lasting and positive ways. Help us improve the world for the better while building a career that no one could have planned for. Even you.