Senior System Engineer
In this role, you have the opportunity to
The position has fully design responsibility to ensure that product programs achieve all design objectives required to meet customer and business needs, including feature and functionality, detail design, DFMEA, product safety & Risk Management, quality, reliability, serviceability, manufacture-ability, regulatory, compliance and cost. This position also need work with cross function and cross site team closely to achieve business goal effectively.
You are responsible for
KARS (but are not limited to):
- Drive Image Chain key components generator development with global team.
- Lead generator platform design for next generation product with global team
- Lead customer requirements analysis and translate customer requirements into product development requirement.
- Lead product design concept development with cross function team and identify the best design with trading off.
- Lead development team conducting DFMEA and Risk Management activities and generating the Critical to Quality specification.
- Lead components team developing components requirement, developing design concept, conducting design calculation & simulation, following global design review process and design for reliability process
- Lead development team to make sure the designs meet all requirements for functional, performance, usability, reliability, serviceability, manufacturability, cost, and schedule requirement, and drive implementation.
- Engage in all phases of new product development, including feasibility study, architecture design, concept design, design input, detail design activities, design review, design out, design verification, design transfer, supplier quality management and service support.
- Support Post Marketing product performance and quality improvement, manufacture process improvement and supplier quality improvement
- Resolve a wide range of issues in imaginative as well as practical ways
- Solve problems where domain is a mix of technical and non-technical areas (i.e. process, program, etc.) using any and all methods, including using others or finding published solutions. Able to objectively evaluate different solutions
- Learn quickly and can figure out things for themselves when in-house expertise is not available. Ability to apply new technologies
- Good time management skills. Correctly prioritizes their own work and deals well with ambiguity and changing priorities
- Self-manage projects and tasks and delivers to deadlines
- Develop reasonable task estimates and practices risk mitigation
- Actively mentors / coaches less experienced employees
- Expected to take some team lead, feature lead or technical leads positions on smaller features or projects
- Additional duties as assigned
Quality Specific Goals
- Aware of and comply with the SuZhou Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position
- Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines
- Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required
- Support compliance/closure of Regulatory and Quality requirements before completing
- Design Outputs/Program Deliverables
- Participate in continuous improvement activities by identifying and appropriately escalating process and product quality gaps, providing solutions when possible
- EHS compliance
You are a part of
A progressive and energetic team that contributes directly to the growth of the business. You have a direct reporting line to the R&D Director.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- PHD or Master of science in Electronic Engineering or similar education background.
- Have 10 years or above experience in product development design.
- Has an in-depth understanding of generator products and applications within the Product Line
- Has an in-depth understanding of the product creation process and design methods, such as modelling
- Drives discussions with stakeholders of other departments, such as marketing, customer service, operations, etc.
- Participates in Design Reviews and guides development activities in projects
- Leads/ Participates innovation with internal partners, mainly on peer level and mostly between technical disciplines and suppliers
- Negotiations mainly on technical aspects and technical tradeoffs
- Negotiates integral tradeoffs with multiple internal stakeholders and external parties (suppliers, partners).
- Deep insight in engineering/ research
- Knowledge and experience spanning multiple engineering disciplines (e.g. mechanical, electrical, software and systems engineering) is advantageous.
- Medical diagnostic industry awareness
- Prior experience as a lead design engineer
- Evidence of practical knowledge of standards and regulations pertaining to the medical device industry, both domestic and international. This includes but is not limited to organizations such as FDA, IEC, ISO, CFDA, ACR, AAPM, COCIR, MITA and other directives such as RoHS and WEEE. Examples include: FDA 21CFR820.30, IEC 60601-1 and ISO 14971.
- Skillful on Lean methodology, troubleshooting and problem solving.
- Demonstrate program/project planning capability under global team work
- Demonstrate project leadership, good influencing skills and excellent communication skill.
- Fluent oral and writing skills in English
In return, we offer you
We offer experiences and opportunities that add many unexpected and enriching moments to our employees’ lives. Especially when the innovative health technologies and solutions they help develop benefit their own friends and family.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 2.5 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there,you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.