Packaging Development Leader
In this role, you have the opportunity to
- On the basis of your professional specialization, make a substantial contribution to the innovation on product packaging.
- Develop new packaging using the latest technologies, process and materials for excellency in out-of-box experiences.
- You will need to demonstrate expertise on packaging design and be knowledgeable on sustainable materials to succeed in this role.
You are responsible for
- Ensure our packaging has a consistently strong user-centred, environmental and ‘best-in-class’ approach.
- Develop innovative and user centric solutions in every step of the packaging development process.
- Constantly aware of the latest challenges and potential opportunities in manufacturing and materials
- Use digital and physical tools (sketching, renderings and 3D mock-ups) to validate design solutions.
- Ensure delivery of the packaging and excellent out-of-box experience
- Challenge assumptions and bring the ability to adapt or generate imaginative and innovative ideas relating to achieving ‘best-in-class’ packaging & out of box experiences.
- Carry out complex packaging development tasks
- Collaborate with global designers and packaging engineers.
- Supporting Design and Packaging Experience reviews.
- Draw up design requirements and produces specifications for the product packaging
- Write verification plans for the developed packaging. Tests, analyses and verifies the quality of the design.
- Maintain an outside-in approach for the designs created, and an overview of the packaging trends inside and outside of Philips
- Continuous improvement and maintenance on quality and cost for mass production products. Formulate and trades-off packaging design specifications based on wishes of the commercial department.
- Contact with packaging makers, production centers, etc.
- Responsible for delivering input in the planning process to the project manager. Draws up packaging development schedules and reports on progress in a structured and methodical way.
- Ensures that documentation takes place according to the provided templates from the I2M processes.
You are a part of
- A cross-functional, Innovative technical team responsible for the design, development of Philips Personal Health products. you will report to R&D Team Lead in Shenzhen.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Master’s degree and above in Packaging discipline or equivalent
- 6+ years of hands-on experience in Packaging Design
- Strong knowledge on a wide range of packaging manufacturing technologies, process and materials properties
- Proven experience in developing packaging from concept to production
- In-depth understanding and technical knowledge of core packaging engineering principle.
- Strong product focused design skills on layout, graphics, sketching, prototyping, problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong skills with design tools - such as Pro-E, Illustrator, Auto Cad.
- Ability to effectively present concepts and ideas, outstanding problem-solving skills.
- Deep experience and capability in packaging development with good communication and cross-functional teamwork.
- Confident communicator with ability to present ideas both verbally and visually.
- Proficient in Chinese and English writing and speaking.
In return, we offer you
- A promising professional career development platform. Work in the Healthcare industry brings much fulfillment, as well as unique challenges; you will be empowered to drive groundbreaking innovations with a globally recognized, premium brand behind you.
Why should you join Philips?
- Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 2.5 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
Over 125 years ago, Frederik and Gerard Philips started a small light bulb company in Eindhoven.
Little did they realize that it would become a global force of innovation, committed to
improving billions of lives worldwide. But it did.
Today, Philips is a world leading health technology company with a vision to make life better
for people worldwide through meaningful innovation. Making good on this promise depends on our
passionate, inspirational, collaborative and diverse team.
We have over 80,000+ brilliant people around the world but are always looking for more.
Like-minded, motivated, focused minds to join us in creating a healthier, more connected society
while tranforming themselves personally and professionally.
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's an experience filled with unexcepted moments that
will transform you in lasting and positive ways. Help us improve the world for the better while
building a career that no one could have planned for. Even you.