Capital Director, Greater China
In this role, you have the opportunity to
- Drive the evolution of Philips’ customer financing, positioning Philips as an innovative solutions partner and proactively addressing a dynamic environment of market demands. Philips is engaging with current and prospective clients in increasingly complex projects, solutions and services demanding that we move beyond simple asset-based financing into a broader world of innovative solutions and growth. This is a growth story where you help contribute to strengthening Philips Capital and your personal career thru entrepreneurial experiences in a growth market. You will be part of a dynamic ‘one-stop-shop’ for financing solutions and will be actively involved in the advisory and sourcing of financing to drive growth for Philips. You will become a partner with our commercial organizations to grow sales volume, margin, customer retention and satisfaction through financing solutions.
As Director of Philips Capital Market Greater China, you will
- Establish effective relationships with key internal stakeholders and institutionalize innovative financing solutions across all business and market opportunities.
- Develop and execute innovative financial solutions for Philips’ strategic development needs including differentiated Go to Market models, localization, digital and solutions transformation.
- Drive consistent origination and execution methodologies, develop effective ways of working with Sales, Channel and Marketing teams.
- Work independently with various financiers; including but not limited to banks, insurers, lease-cos, ECA, and private equity type investors.
- Provide leadership to identify new business opportunities from financing perspective.
- Develop C-suite relationships, prepare financing proposals, analyze customer needs and structure competitive solutions including risk sharing mechanisms and minority equity investment.
- Prepare and present analytical materials to senior management to articulate strategic or financial rationale supporting risk sharing/investment proposals.
You are responsible for
- Lead deal origination and execution & ensure appropriate deal funnel management
- Drive financing volume & pen rates, enhance financing mindset across the organization
- Embed financing solutions in the Market to Order process and drive training activities for sales and support staff
- Stakeholder management/ partnership with regional sales, channel & marketing teams
- Define and manage local financing programs and partnerships
- Generate market financing insights/ intelligence
- Ensure compliance/ reporting and manage portfolio and risks according to guidelines
- Manage and monitor all transactional execution with appropriate support staff
You are a part of
- Philips Greater China Capital team, you will report to Capital Market Leader, Greater China & Japan.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- A minimum 10 years of work experience in reputable financial institutions preferably with focus on healthcare, or Capital/Financing/Investment function in a mid-large healthcare focused corporate
- Broad experience in dealing with third party funding institutions including banks, multilateral financing institutions, export credit agencies, insurance agencies, sub-debt, private equity, venture capital and other funding providers
- In depth working knowledge of different financing tools including loans, leases, structured finance and equity investment; Strong experience in contract negotiation including legal, risk and accounting aspects
- Proven sales success in commercial functions; excellent verbal/written communication and influencing skills, strong analytical skills; previous experience developing and presenting to customers, third parties and senior leadership
- Ambitious drive, high integrity team player with proven ability to execute in a dynamic environment
- Excellent academic track record, MBA preferred
- Fluent in English and Mandarin
In return, we offer you
A path towards your most rewarding career. Philips is growing its marketing capability enterprise wide. Succeeding in this market-based role in a complex environment will open many doors for your long term career, in other areas in Philips or otherwise. We also believe that we are at our best as a company when you are at yours as a person. Thus, we offer competitive health benefits, a flexible work schedule and access to local well-being focused activities.
- A professional but fun workplace, A healthy work-life balance environment;
- An energetic, genuine, inventive, supportive and dynamic team atmosphere;
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.