Sr. Production manager
Position: Sr. Production Manager (Medical)
In this role, you have the opportunity to
- Be responsible for Assembly Production to satisfy customer’s demands with respect to achieving relevant performance requirements as medical compliance, quality, efficiency, delivery, Health and Safety, Sustainability, Cost etc.
You are responsible for
- Set up the medical compliance for manufacturing sections and work with QMS for set up the whole quality system to meet the requirement of medical product standard (EU MDR and 21CFR820) and Philips Corp standard (PEPF), NMPA , GMP for china and related countries.
- Monitor and improve the overall operation of Assembly Production Lines to achieve the KPI’s on safety, quality, delivery, cost, efficiency and flexibility.
- Budgeting AOP for department timely and effectively to ensure the cost of both daily operation and capex investment is reserved and controlled properly.
- Work with SCM on weekly and monthly planning cycle, adjust the manpower planning and hiring to meet the demand
- Organize relevant people actively participating in new project industrialization to make sure the new project realized properly, take over the manufacturing engineering for mass production.
- Make policy deployment and implementation internally to ensure the company policies/objectives properly be broken down to and realized on all the relevant levels, including Health and Safety, Sustainability, Security, Quality and Compliance etc.
- Initiate lean production system and roll out to support business improvement. Lead everyday Gemba activities with his/her team, manage different level daily management meeting, lead and apply the lean tool for continue improvement.
- Be responsible for shop-floor management by applying relevant tools and/or benchmarking with best practices to strive for manufacturing excellence
- Organize, initiate and participate in improvement of production on safety, quality, efficiency, delivery and cost etc. to maintain continuous improvement momentum
- Organize and arrange training/coach/development on relevant staff and operators to ensure qualified workers and staff are available and fitting to requirements and grow their competence.
- Develop and maintain a good moral on shop-floor with proper performance appraisal and other means of existing recognition and rewarding schemes to build up a happy and valuable workforce
- Build up high engagement organization.
You are a part of
- Professional Manufacturing operations team, report to Operations Head in Zhuhai.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Education: University graduate or above majoring in mechanical engineering or electronics discipline.
- Experience: more than 10 years work experience in manufacturing environment, at least 5 yrs. in Medical industry QMS, Engineering or Production management related functions required. Experience in MNCs is a plus.
- Competency and Skills:
- Good at written and spoken English
- Profound understanding of ISO9000, ISO13485 , 21CFR 820 and ISO 45001, knowledge in NMPA is added advantage.
- Sufficient experience or expert on Medical products for the following sections.
- 820.60 Identification
- 820.65 Traceability
- 820.70 Production and process control
- 820.75 Process validation
- 820.90 Non-confirming product
- 820.100 Corrective and preventive action
- Familiar with any ERP systems (preferably with SAP)
- Operational management skills as shopfloor management, lean and Six sigma etc.
- People management and leadership skills and good on performance appraisal, job description, training management
- Well lean knowledge/mindset and application
- Well understanding of quality tools, operational management skills as policy deployment, shop-floor management, 6S etc.
- Good communication, presentation skills
- Teamwork spirit
- Customer and process oriented mind-set
In return, we offer you
- A path towards your most rewarding career. Philips is one of the best in-class organization, which offers you big exposure and long-term career development such as internal transfer and international mobility opportunities.
Why should you join Philips?
- Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 2.5 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
- To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there,you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
Over 125 years ago, Frederik and Gerard Philips started a small light bulb company in Eindhoven.
Little did they realize that it would become a global force of innovation, committed to
improving billions of lives worldwide. But it did.
Today, Philips is a world leading health technology company with a vision to make life better
for people worldwide through meaningful innovation. Making good on this promise depends on our
passionate, inspirational, collaborative and diverse team.
We have over 80,000+ brilliant people around the world but are always looking for more.
Like-minded, motivated, focused minds to join us in creating a healthier, more connected society
while tranforming themselves personally and professionally.
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's an experience filled with unexcepted moments that
will transform you in lasting and positive ways. Help us improve the world for the better while
building a career that no one could have planned for. Even you.