Assistant Project Manager
In this role, you have the opportunity to
- Responsible for End-to-End leading of a project to develop a product, technology, system, solutions, services or IT solution. From the initial start until the introduction in the Market, or internal delivery, by gaining agreements on and achieving project scope and objectives while balancing schedule, cost, quality, requirements and keeping abreast of developments in project management tools and processes as well as technical domain, e.g. agile software development.
- Manage projects ensuring execution is in line with project guidelines and directives.
You are responsible for
- Formulate the (sub) project plan, in consultation with management and other parties concerned on base of the requirements
- Organize the resources to be used (quality, time, allocation, budget and information), help the team to organize and specify the quality standard in the processes
- Identify the risks of the project (i.e. specs, costs, planning, etc) and develop scenarios to overcome these risks by defining corrective actions and driving the projects to closure
- Coach and direct project team members and give them operational guidance, both technically and organizationally, and facilitate for implementation and realization and release (if applicable) by the project team according to the project plan (specification, quality, time, money, information) and organization
- Represent the (sub)-project team in the overall project to optimize fit for use and overall effectiveness
- Gather and integrate project performance and progress information. Report on the progress of the project with an agreed frequency on quality, status, time, and money to senior management and to the project members
- Ensure that there is an effective transfer and archiving of the project results and the associated knowledge
- Report on employees’ performance to the hierarchical superior of the employees for the purpose of appraisal
- Ensure requirements and business case are defined, completed and approved
- Build and maintain the project organization, help the team to organize, choose or coach on the way of working and select the adequate tools (tailors the approach to the specific project) and define the interfaces with other functions, internal and external Philips
- Responsible for quality initiatives to ensure quality deliverables of subsystems delivered
- Deploy process improvements, supports continuous improvement of teams and makes the project organization efficient and transparent, in line with departmental and project processes and compliance to corporate policies/rules/procedures
- Manage internal and external stakeholders
You are a part of
- The Hair Care and OEM/ODM Product development team under the business Grooming and Beauty and is working for the cluster Personal Health. The team ensures the E2E development of the products and solutions within Hair Care OEM/ODM organization with different product ranges.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in technical subject required. Master’s degree in business or engineering preferred.
- PMP certification preferred
- +5 years in demonstrated ability in handling international multidisciplinary projects, preferably in Business to Consumer
- Engineering experience in product development is required, whereas experience in production is an advantage.
- Next to your technical background you can look from a business perspective. You have a basic understanding of other disciplines, e.g. marketing, purchasing, design.
- You are eager to learn and have an entrepreneurial mindset / can-do attitude
- You like challenges and get energy from taking away roadblock. The impossible task is what gets you through the day.
- Strong leadership and communication skills, able to influence on different levels. This allows you to make good and effective decisions.
- Mentor skills, able to build dedication and empower your team and others.
- Organizational sensitivity and ability to communicate on all levels within the organization.
- An independent, mature, and positive attitude, not willing to give up in case of resistance.
- Computer-literate with working knowledge of Project Management, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word required.
- Travel in case needed.
In return, we offer you
- A path towards your most exciting career. Succeeding in this role in a sophisticated environment will open many doors for your long-term career, in other areas in Philips or otherwise. We also believe that we are at our best as a company when you are at yours as a person. Thus, we offer competitive health benefits, a flexible work schedule, and access to local well-being focused activities. Furthermore, Philips University is available to all employees for learning and development opportunities.
Why should you join Philips?
- Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 2.5 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there,you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
Over 125 years ago, Frederik and Gerard Philips started a small light bulb company in Eindhoven.
Little did they realize that it would become a global force of innovation, committed to
improving billions of lives worldwide. But it did.
Today, Philips is a world leading health technology company with a vision to make life better
for people worldwide through meaningful innovation. Making good on this promise depends on our
passionate, inspirational, collaborative and diverse team.
We have over 80,000+ brilliant people around the world but are always looking for more.
Like-minded, motivated, focused minds to join us in creating a healthier, more connected society
while tranforming themselves personally and professionally.
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's an experience filled with unexcepted moments that
will transform you in lasting and positive ways. Help us improve the world for the better while
building a career that no one could have planned for. Even you.