Assistant Manager, Product Research
In this role, you have the opportunity to
- Drive the translation of powerful consumer insights into products and services that delight consumers.
- The influence of team’s spans from insight generation and concept development to market launch and forms a main link between the engineering, design and marketing teams.
- The PRC plays an active role in engaging with consumers to understand their needs, through qualitative and quantitative research, either at our own facilities or globally using external partners. Based on the results of this research, you will translate the consumer needs, wishes, delighters and detractors into clear user requirements to be used in product development.
- You will focus on value proposition validation, industrialization, claim generation and substantiation - working towards successful launches and consumer engagement.
You are responsible for
- Champion for the voice of consumer during product development phase and to provide inputs as needed to ensure consumer centric product developments from creation to launch (ITM).
- Developing the overall consumer test plans for the proposition and/or product development projects, including validation and claim substantiation.
- Independently plan, design, execute, analyze and report consumer studies using both qualitative and quantitative methodologies internally or with external agencies.
- Thoroughly understand the user experience and usability of relevant Philips and competitor products, in order to guide the project teams in decision making, based on user experience.
- Develop all user requirements (usability, experience, performance) and identify the key drivers of ratings and reviews, and work with cross-functional project teams to ensure they are met in validation testing, ensuring high consumer satisfaction with our products
- Network with different stakeholders (CMM, Designer, Project Management, Technical team, Quality) and report on progress at relevant intervals & milestones through written reports and verbal presentations.
- Challenge the status quo and contribute to continuous improvement initiatives, in order to improve, standardize and document our ways of working in a way that enables timely delivery on business objectives.
- Regular monitoring of competitive landscape of competition around the world.
You are a part of
- The Product Research Center (PRC) , A team of user experience researchers, Within the HairCare business category.
- PRC represents the voice of the consumer in product development projects.
- The PRC is also responsible for user experience research in which new products are being tested by consumers.
- You will report to the Senior Product Research Manager.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher education in any of these fields: Human Factors; Psychology; Behavioral sciences; Sensory Science; Industrial Design; Interaction Design; Ergonomics; Human Computer Interaction; Engineering, amended with relevant education or experience in consumer research.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills. Required to have min. English standard of CET-6 and above.
- A proven track record and at least 5 years of experience in product development, user experience or product research. Experience in pre-development and product development of consumer products is an added advantage.
- Able to demonstrate independent plan, execute and report consumer studies.
- Solid research execution skills and experience, including the moderation of in-person qualitative research.
- Experience working directly with market research firms in guiding and monitoring outsourced research projects.
- Ability to balance extreme attention to detail with a can-do attitude and pragmatic problem solving for fast study execution.
- You thrive in a fast-changing dynamic and cross-functional work environment.
- You are a team player who can build and maintain relationships with relevant stakeholders across different levels within the organization.
- Have an interest in Beauty products (haircare, skincare etc.) and new technology.
In return, we offer you
- A promising career in top healthcare MNC with high flexibility and caring culture.
Why should you join Philips?
- Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 2.5 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there,you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
Over 125 years ago, Frederik and Gerard Philips started a small light bulb company in Eindhoven.
Little did they realize that it would become a global force of innovation, committed to
improving billions of lives worldwide. But it did.
Today, Philips is a world leading health technology company with a vision to make life better
for people worldwide through meaningful innovation. Making good on this promise depends on our
passionate, inspirational, collaborative and diverse team.
We have over 80,000+ brilliant people around the world but are always looking for more.
Like-minded, motivated, focused minds to join us in creating a healthier, more connected society
while tranforming themselves personally and professionally.
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's an experience filled with unexcepted moments that
will transform you in lasting and positive ways. Help us improve the world for the better while
building a career that no one could have planned for. Even you.