Product Sourcing Engineer
In this role, you have the opportunity to:
- Create strategic impact by engaging early in the Advanced Development & Product Development Lifecycle Maintenance (PDLM) projects to deploy innovative solutions from the supplier base for cost, quality & risk, to industrialize the suppliers and to transfer the projects to Manufacturing & Sustaining.
You are responsible for
- Drive the sourcing plan for New Product projects using Innovation to Market (I2M) Planner
- Execute the sourcing plan deliverables to ensure project targets are achieved for cost, quality, risk and optimized TCO. Influence targets based external competitive benchmarks
- Orchestrate and assemble the sourcing grid details for the NPI BoM in partnership with Procurement and bring to Sourcing Board for decision
- Assemble and engage suppliers on project BoM RFPs using Ariba e-RFQ
- Conduct DfX activities to identify opportunity to improve product cost, quality and risk
- Conduct early supplier innovation events to bring suppliers earlier in the product innovation process
- Influence R&D and capture supplier innovation in the products to optimize the propositions and achieve the best value for Philips and its customers
- Develop innovative solutions to simplify, standardize or platform components or assemblies across the portfolio
- Influence design specifications to ensure applicability to broad technology, supplier and part capability
- Lead the Product Sourcing Swim lane PDLM pre-gate reviews. Ensure deliverables and targets are achieved for cost, quality & risk
- Manage Phase In/Out of the new product projects and transfer to OMM for production
- Ensure supplier readiness and installed capacity for NPI launch and ramp up
- Monitor production post release to build product cost roadmaps to drive improvements in cost, quality, risk
- Develop ideas and opportunities for product cost reduction and quality improvement and enter into the SMRS funnel (IL0)
- Lead product tear down or reverse engineering activities to gain market insights
You are a part of
- A professional global procurement team, report to HPM PSE Leader in Boblingen.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- BS or above in Mechanical or Electrical with sound technical and engineering understanding.
- Above 8 years’ working experience in Sourcing, NPI procurement, project management, or engineering environment. Experience in R&D field is a plus.
- Experience with medical devices, products, solutions is a plus
- Professional Competencies: Cross-functional Influencing, Effective Communication, Engineering Expertise and Curiosity, Innovative
- Functional Competencies: New Product Introduction Projects, Supplier/Supply Chain Management, Technology Domain Expertise, DfX Methodology, Total Cost Ownership (Product Should Cost/Tear Down), Statistical Methods (Six Sigma/Lean/DOE/V&V), Part Qualification (APQP)
- Familiarity with world-class sourcing process, methods and tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both English and Chinese.
- Exceptional ability to have good coordination with global cross-functional team.
- Working independently under pressure with self-motivation and performance driven is a must.
- Flexible to lead tele-conference with stakeholders in US and Europe in the evening or early morning
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 2.5 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there,you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
Over 125 years ago, Frederik and Gerard Philips started a small light bulb company in Eindhoven.
Little did they realize that it would become a global force of innovation, committed to
improving billions of lives worldwide. But it did.
Today, Philips is a world leading health technology company with a vision to make life better
for people worldwide through meaningful innovation. Making good on this promise depends on our
passionate, inspirational, collaborative and diverse team.
We have over 80,000+ brilliant people around the world but are always looking for more.
Like-minded, motivated, focused minds to join us in creating a healthier, more connected society
while tranforming themselves personally and professionally.
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's an experience filled with unexcepted moments that
will transform you in lasting and positive ways. Help us improve the world for the better while
building a career that no one could have planned for. Even you.