In this role, you have the opportunity to
· As a technology expert, enjoy the exploration in front-end innovations and function development
· Work with multi-decipline experts, develop and shape propositions with innovative technologies to help people’s healthy livinging.
· Contribute to a global business with is enjoying >20% growing in international market
· Continuous growth on job
You are responsible for
· To carry on technology development (function development) for the defined value propositions.
· Explore and create novel technology options and solutions to enable superior proposition creation.
· Keep abreast of technical and application development within the area of appliance physics and intelligence including services, and build new competencies or extend existing ones that have potential to contribute significant value to the business when needed.
· To derive requirements flow down in your project; consumer, functional, supply and design requirements for defined value propositions
· To deliver right level of burden of proof of functional evidence such as consumer / business feasibility, robustness and durability of components, modules and products
· Together with your multi-disciplinary teammates to work out development logic and approach into a realistic solution. Close knowkedge gap to support/enable decisions taken.
· Act as a domain expert, actively contribute to innovation pipline, roadmap and strategy
You are a part of
The Advanced Development team of Air R&D team in Shanghai Innovation site, Philisp DA. The Air R&D team in Shanghai is the center of gravity for R&D of Philisp Air business globally. The Advanced Developmet team focus on front-end innovations for global Air Innovation Pipeline, supported and work with multi-deciplines of marketing, design, product research, function development, architecture, mechanical and electronic development. The team located in Shanghai with global responsibility and in close collaboration with domain experts and industry partners in Europe and Asia.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
· Bachelor or Master degree in science or engineering domains. Prefered educational background in applied physics, applied chemistry, Mechnical Engineering or related fields. PhD is plus
· At least 5 years (or 3 Years for PhD) of experience in multiple aspects of industrial research, pre-development, design or development of quality products.
· Track record of good technology capability with proof points of publications, Patents, product contributions. Storng Innovative capability with proof to come up with out of box ideas and/or solution is a big plus
· Conceptual skills, logic driven and structural way of working for Research and advanced development. Preferably being familiar with lean tools; mindset and ability to convert variety of scattered inputs into coherent and rationalized proposals
· Strong drive for results with strong problem solving capability
· Able to continuously challenge the status quo and don’t accept underperformance or poor results. Have a quality mindset.
· Good communication skills – both in spoken and written English
· Project management experience and capability is a plus
In return, we offer you
A competitive and designed around you benefit package
A path towards your most rewarding career. Philips DA values its innovation capability enterprise wide. Succeeding in this global R&D role addressing various challenges in the front end of innovation and interacting with multiple functions with global reach will open many doors for your long term career, in other areas in Philips DA or otherwise.
A challenging, innovative working environment with a group of multi-decipline, talented people and international business scope. You will work in the center of gravity of RnD site for a rapid growing international business. Enjoy the exploration flexibility from front-end till industrilizeation to generate real business impact.
We also believe that we are at our best as a company when you are at yours as a person. Thus, we offer competitive health benefits, a flexible work schedule and access to local well-being focused activities
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
Over 125 years ago, Frederik and Gerard Philips started a small light bulb company in Eindhoven. Little did they realize that it would become a global force of innovation, committed to improving billions of lives worldwide. But it did. Today, Philips is a world leading health technology company with a vision to make life better for people worldwide through meaningful innovation. Making good on this promise depends on our passionate, inspirational, collaborative and diverse team. We have over 80,000+ brilliant people around the world but are always looking for more. Like-minded, motivated, focused minds to join us in creating a healthier, more connected society while tranforming themselves personally and professionally. Working at Philips is more than a job. It's an experience filled with unexcepted moments that will transform you in lasting and positive ways. Help us improve the world for the better while building a career that no one could have planned for. Even you.