In this role, you have the opportunity to
- Lead End2End product development projects in Grooming & Beauty (G&B) from the Idea phase to Product end of life.
You are responsible for
- Leading one or more projects within G&B. The amount of people involved varies between 10 – 30, depending of the scope and the phase of the project.
- Based on customer needs, you determine together with our marketing and internal technical competence departments which innovations, technologies and standard modules will be used in the consumer product
- Based on this decision, you start up and execute the product development phase together with internal function developers, industrial designers, mechanical and electronic product developers, quality engineers, consumer researchers and purchasers
- After finalizing the product development phase, you are responsible for developing and releasing the production processes and equipment in the Supply Chain or at key suppliers abroad by means of OEM/ODM model.
- Together with your team, you set up a review structure that provides optimal insight into the current status of the project and you initiate corrective actions if required
- You communicate project status, results and activities with team members and internal and external stakeholders, ensuring alignment of expectations at all times.
- Your scope requires some travelling potentially in different countries or region.
You are a part of
- A multidisciplinary development team consisting of e.g. Project Management, System engineers, Function development engineers, Application research specialists, Electronic and Mechatronic engineers.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Master’s degree in a technical subject, preferably mechanical engineering.
- Minimum 10-15 years in demonstrated ability in handling international multidisciplinary projects, preferably in Business to Consumer.
- Lead and drive product creation to deliver multiple projects and a portfolio while meeting financial target, product requirements and on time market launch, in order to fulfill stakeholders and business needs.
- Drive the finalization of the front-end product definition (eg commercial specification, user requirement, value proposition, MIP etc and all the requirements to make sure the make-ability and realization of the projects.
- Formulate overall project plan and actively drive and ensure the proper execution of all project activities according to the agreed methods and tools and report status for effective stakeholder management.
- Engineering experience in product development is required, whereas experience in production is an advantage. Next to that you are expected to have business sense and have a basic understanding of other disciplines, e.g. marketing, purchasing, design.
- You are eager to learn and have an entrepreneurial mindset / can-do attitude
- Technically competence to be able to drive and challenge other team members to achieve excellence quality and product requirements.
- Strong leadership and communication skills, able to influence on different levels. This allows you to make good and effective decisions.
- Mentor skills, able to build dedication and empower your team and others;
- Organizational sensitivity and ability to communicate on all levels within the organization;
- An independent, mature and positive attitude, not willing to give up in case of resistance;
- A combination of an analytical and a pragmatic approach: you make it happen
In return, we offer you
- A path towards your most exciting career. Succeeding in this role in a sophisticated environment will open many doors for your long term career, in other areas in Philips or otherwise. We also believe that we are at our best as a company when you are at yours as a person. Thus, we offer competitive health benefits, a flexible work schedule, and access to local well-being focused activities. Furthermore, Philips University is available to all employees for learning and development opportunities.
Why should you join Philips?
- Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 2.5 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there,you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
Over 125 years ago, Frederik and Gerard Philips started a small light bulb company in Eindhoven.
Little did they realize that it would become a global force of innovation, committed to
improving billions of lives worldwide. But it did.
Today, Philips is a world leading health technology company with a vision to make life better
for people worldwide through meaningful innovation. Making good on this promise depends on our
passionate, inspirational, collaborative and diverse team.
We have over 80,000+ brilliant people around the world but are always looking for more.
Like-minded, motivated, focused minds to join us in creating a healthier, more connected society
while tranforming themselves personally and professionally.
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's an experience filled with unexcepted moments that
will transform you in lasting and positive ways. Help us improve the world for the better while
building a career that no one could have planned for. Even you.