In this role, you have the opportunity to
Create, maintain, drive and organize technical roadmap and architecture realization of Royal Philips products and solutions in China. As a leading health technology company, Philips believes that innovation can improve people’s health and healthcare outcomes, as well as making care more accessible and affordable. In concrete terms, Philips aims to improve the lives of 2 billion people a year by 2025. You will work with Philips research and innovation organizations to realize the mission in China and build them on top of China fast growing technical landscapes.
You are responsible for
- Responsible for collaboration on the definition and alignment of the Cluster Reference Architecture & Technology (for devices and connected systems of Connected Care) in China:
- Gives input for defining the Cluster Reference Architecture for connected systems and devices, ensuring modular design, adoption of common systems/hardware platforms,
HealthSuite platforms and product family specific platforms and driving digitalization through business processes, usage of hybrid cloud and enterprise IT and harmonizing technology stacks (technology whitelisting), UX (DLS), information models (ILS), APIs, interoperability standards, manufacturing and supply chain.
- Represents China requirements, trends, and China customers’ needs in contributing to the definition and roadmap of the Connected Care Reference Architecture for devices and connected systems.
- Build and own architecture, technical roadmap, initiatives based on China requirements, trends, and China customers’ needs.
- Responsible for the implementation of the Cluster Reference Architecture:
- Identifies/defines/drives strategies for implementation in cluster product teams and cluster specific platform teams
- Responsible for the identification and definition of make/partner/buy strategy for key assets
- Responsible for driving adherence to the Philips Reference Architecture for HealthSuite and Connected Care Reference Architecture for devices and connected systems
and underlying module platforms and Technology Choices within the businesses in the cluster
- Creating well-defined building blocks/ system options & scenarios; choosing the optimal architecture for the business, leveraging technology, and contributing to/driving roadmaps; establishing control points (IP).
- End-responsible for the accepted implementation of architecture, by explaining, convincing, deciding; incl. validation and verification; solving issues and learning from them; establishing architecture lifecycle management; and teaming-up for impact.
- Responsible for collaboration on Philips portfolio management across clusters and common platforms:
- Identifies, defines and drives China specific implementation needs with Philips Platform organizations.
- Actively drives alignment of Connected Care Reference Architecture for connected systems and devices and technology selection with peers in the cluster
- Collaborates with relevant parts of the organization in definition and execution of centrally developed common components, modules and platforms for devices and connected systems of Connected Care
- Acts within the total context, (business, organization, roadmaps, external world, overall ecosystem etc.): driving for convergence; capturing / re-using prior art and in- and external trends; remaining up to date regarding professional knowledge.
- Responsible for collaboration with Philips internal teams and selection of Industry Partners:
- Work together with Philips research, China market, market solution team for high-level platform architecture & framework definition, platform/application design specification, etc.
- Actively networks with and scouts for industry partners and eco system partners for the cluster in China
- Collaborates with and supports businesses and research groups at key industry conferences
- Acts as liaison to internal and external technology industry partners relevant for the cluster in China
You are a part of
You will be part of Philips China innovation R&D organization, working closely with Philips Businesses, Philips CTO, Chief Architect Office, Philips Research and Philips Market organizations.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- A recognized bachelor or higher degree in computer science, software engineering, information technology, or related majors. 10 years + experience in similar technical leader and architect position.
- Stakeholder management: ability to communicate vision and need and create buy-in;
- Ability to shape direction as a change agent and deal with uncertainties.
- Ability to discover and gather market opportunities, technical trend, customer requirements and deliver innovative solutions, strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills, good verbal and writing skills in English, ability to communicate with a wide variety of audiences: portfolio management, product management, engineering, sales, marketing, operation, leadership, and service. Driving of divergence, convergence and consolidation
- Good team player in global team structure, strong experiences of leader position in technical domain, actively mentor and coach teammates.
- Outstanding creative thinking, troubleshooting skills, be a quick learner and leading changes; openness for new challenges and application areas
- Experience covering multiple domains, sophisticated systems and multiple technology areas.
- Experience in system architecture and system design of complex multi-disciplinary systems
- Experience in lifecycle management of complex multi-disciplinary systems with a long usage and service lifetime
- Demonstrated SW architecture knowledge having experience with the full product lifecycle.
- Expert knowledge in digitalization, software, and cloud related technologies;
- Expert knowledge in China digital landscape and ecosystem.
- Master of building full stack engineering discipline and practices, including but not limited to web service, restful service, micro service, database, middleware, cloud platforms, database, hosting and operation etc.
- Solid knowledge and proven experience in medical software, health informatics, IoT
- Deep understanding of cloud design patterns, cloud operations, and cloud cost models with hands-on ability to implement best practices or suggest improvements
- Highly self-motivated, ownership mindset and accountability for work
In return, we offer you
A path towards your most rewarding career with Philips a leading global healthcare company. An exciting role which your work can bring big impact in fast growing China healthcare industry and to improve billions of people life.
A challenging, innovative working environment with a group of multi-discipline, talented people and global business scope. We offer competitive health benefits, a flexible work schedule and access to local well-being focused activities. Furthermore, Philips University is available to all employees for learning and development opportunities.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 2.5 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there,you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.