Global Supplier Account Manager (Packaging & Softgoods)
In this role, you have the opportunity to
- Manage supplier's portfolio and deliver strategic impact through supplier development programs. The aim is to ensure performance (productivity, quality, sustainability and delivery), growth and innovation while effectively managing risk and spend. You will focus on Packaging & print and softgoods Commodity in the North American region and related scouting activities.
You are responsible for
- Managing Supplier performance scorecard using the Global Supplier Rating System and cross-functional stakeholder calibration
- Identifying future business opportunities and NPI projects together with Procurement Engineering and based on provided Supplier innovation/ideas
- Creating Supplier Strategy in full alignment with Category Management strategies to define Supplier-related spend, targets, negotiations, RFX projects and spend pooling
- Program manage execution by securing close alignment between supplier, Procurement Engineering and business
- Relentlessly driving impact to the bottom and top line through Supplier Performance Development and innovative negotiation approach
- Implementing defined negotiation roadmap, target setting and business reviews
- Encouraging Suppliers to share innovative ideas and/or solutions (e.g. by using SPICE) and provide insights into future technology roadmaps
- Encouraging Suppliers to use LEAN approaches to co-create and deliver Total Cost of Ownership savings opportunities (e.g. concept savings)
- Conducting assessments to identify and manage critical supplier parameters on a continuous basis covering risk, regulatory compliance, financial exposure and related liabilities and creating corresponding mitigation and contingency plans with business continuity in mind
- Ensuring full compliance regarding sustainability and regulatory requirements
- Ensuring all contracts and RFX events are properly managed in contract and RFX management systems (e.g. source2contract), following defined processes, policies and guidelines
- Managing and demanding continuously improved quality from supplier and driving clear actions to achieve this
You are a part of
- The Global mechanical category Team and you will report to the global category lead. You will be working in both remotely and office environment as hybrid mode and will be collaborating with various cross-function teams and many great colleagues around the world.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- University degree in engineering/logistics/SCM/business administration
- Fluent in English
- 5-10 years’ senior relevant experience in packaging, softgoods related commodity management, in Sizable MNCs preferred
- Project Management skills
- Very good knowledge of IT-tools and analytical methods
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills
- Ability to persuade and influence business decisions
- Ability to work organized and independently, with a high sense of business ethics and responsibility
In return, we offer you
- A meaningful career, with new challenges in our dynamic organization, working in an encouraging multinational and multicultural environment. We are happy to provide you with this opportunity to work with new technologies. You will be surrounded by passionate and committed, colleagues who share your ambition to create outstanding customer experiences. Your work will be ambitious and full of opportunities for growth. Variety and challenge will be part of your daily routines.
Why should you join Philips?
- Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 2.5 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there,you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
Over 125 years ago, Frederik and Gerard Philips started a small light bulb company in Eindhoven.
Little did they realize that it would become a global force of innovation, committed to
improving billions of lives worldwide. But it did.
Today, Philips is a world leading health technology company with a vision to make life better
for people worldwide through meaningful innovation. Making good on this promise depends on our
passionate, inspirational, collaborative and diverse team.
We have over 80,000+ brilliant people around the world but are always looking for more.
Like-minded, motivated, focused minds to join us in creating a healthier, more connected society
while tranforming themselves personally and professionally.
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's an experience filled with unexcepted moments that
will transform you in lasting and positive ways. Help us improve the world for the better while
building a career that no one could have planned for. Even you.