Philips is a global leader in health technology, committed to improving billions of lives worldwide and striving to make the world healthier and more sustainable through innovation. Driven by the vision of a better tomorrow.
But it’s not just what we do, it’s who we are. We are 80,000, wonderfully unique individuals, with two things in common. An unwavering sense of purpose and a relentless determination to deliver on our customers’ needs. It’s what inspires us to create meaningful solutions – the kind that make a real difference – when it matters most.
The world and our customers’ needs are changing faster than ever before and while we are proud of what we do already, we know we can do more. That’s why we need you, to help us tackle increasingly complex challenges posed by ever evolving health and well-being needs.
In this role, you have the opportunity to make life better
In this position, you will be leading one of the largest Philips factories. Factory Suzhou is the major shared factories in Philips, not BU specific factory. We are the regional manufacturing hub for APAC region, but not limit to.
We are focusing on building a world class manufacturing hub to provide best quality CT, MR, DXR, Ultrasound, IGT and other medical systems to our customers, to improve the patient life.
You will lead the factory into the new opportunities which we further expand our product lines. You also will lead the factory into the new maturity level which we are promotion digitalization and automation, leading the way in Industry 4.0 including digitalization of the end-to-end Supply Chain.
The site you are going to lead is not only one of the largest factories in Philips, but also one of the largest medical device factories in the industry.
You are responsible for
· Ensure manufacturing site compliance with safety, regulatory- and environmental requirements as well as local laws, Philips General Business principles and other policies
· Delivering Products on time, with the requested level of quality to customer and at the right cost
· Leads the manufacturing site, related processes, and staff in the execution of activities that lead to world class operational performance.
· Prepare multi-year manufacturing and investment plans
· Create, maintain, and ensure expenses and spend within the boundaries approved for the financial budget for the Manufacturing Cost of Organization
· Ensure proper staffing of competencies required to fulfill manufacturing site deliverables
· Optimize utilization of equipment and workforce in balance with demand and financial targets
· Drive Productivity improvements activities through continuous improvements and strategic initiatives · Drive Manufacturing site Operational excellence and LEAN maturity development
· Act as Change Agent in initiatives impacting the manufacturing site.
You are a part of
In Suzhou, you will lead a multi-functional management team including Safety, Manufacturing Engineering, Maintenance, Factory Logistics, Production, Factory Project Management, Lean implementation, and other supporting functions.
You will report to Head of Manufacturing System in Philips Integrated Supply Chain organization.
To succeed in this role, you’ll need a customer-first attitude and the following
· Medical device manufacturing background required, strong understanding on the Chinese and other major regulation requirements, like FDA, CE…
·Strong leadership of and inspiration for direct reports as well as broader organization
· More than 15 years’ experience in industrial/ manufacturing engineering leading role, of which at least 5 year as Plant Manager.
·Experience in leading a production team(s) and building a network of support from functional areas for successful and timely execution of customer needs.
· Excellent stakeholder management skills on all levels of a corporate organization.
· Capable to drive deep culture change, track record of transformation and change management in the manufacturing environment.
· A strong vision on how new technologies, industry 4.0 and digitalization can help in building the factory of the future.
·Combination of the ability to think strategically with managing detail.
·Expertise and practical hands-on experience with Lean tools. You understand what it takes to create a lean culture to increase productivity through elimination of waste.
·Fluent English capability in both oral and writing.
In return, we offer you
Beside a CG90 (Senior Director) role, we also gave a path towards your most rewarding career.
Philips is growing its marketing capability enterprise wide. Succeeding in this sales-based role in a complex environment will open many doors for your long term career, in other areas in Philips or otherwise. We also believe that we are at our best as a company when you are at yours as a person. Thus, we offer competitive health benefits, a flexible work schedule and access to local well-being focused activities.
How we work at Philips
Our newly-adopted hybrid work concept fuses flexibility with collaboration to deliver great outcomes for our people and our customers. We are embracing an approach wherein we spend more time together than apart – which for full-time employees translates to an average of at least 3 days working from the office and up to 2 days from home – for our hybrid roles.
Hybrid work flexibility means people can meet the changing demands of work and home in the most balanced, productive, and healthy way. Hybrid work flexibility means people can meet the changing demands of work and home in the most balanced, productive, and healthy way.
Our hybrid working model is defined in 3 ways:
We believe in the importance of impactful collaboration: There's a certain energy when everyone’s in the same room that can heighten idea generation and creative friction needed for problem-solving.
We embrace flexibility: Choosing where, when and how to work can vary according to task and team schedules. Flexibility isn’t office or online, it means choosing the space that works best for you, your teams and our customers on a case-by-case basis.
We want to be at our best: The way we work and our workspaces are designed to support our well-being, offer career advancement opportunities, and enable us to be at our best.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on innovative, customer-first health technology solutions. Help us improve the health and well-being of billions of people, every year. Ultimately creating a career that no one could have planned for. Even you.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
Over 125 years ago, Frederik and Gerard Philips started a small light bulb company in Eindhoven. Little did they realize that it would become a global force of innovation, committed to improving billions of lives worldwide. But it did. Today, Philips is a world leading health technology company with a vision to make life better for people worldwide through meaningful innovation. Making good on this promise depends on our passionate, inspirational, collaborative and diverse team. We have over 80,000+ brilliant people around the world but are always looking for more. Like-minded, motivated, focused minds to join us in creating a healthier, more connected society while tranforming themselves personally and professionally. Working at Philips is more than a job. It's an experience filled with unexcepted moments that will transform you in lasting and positive ways. Help us improve the world for the better while building a career that no one could have planned for. Even you.