Job Title: Standardization Scientist (Healthcare IT)
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Work on technology research and standardization in the following areas healthcare IT, privacy and security.
You are responsible for
· Joining/leading security/privacy standardization activities on behalf of Philips
· Joining/leading healthcare IT interoperability standardization activities on behalf of Philips
· Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to promote Philips preferred technology and policy for enabling Philips access to China and global markets.
· Support internal business on security/privacy compliance.
You are a part of
The professional health team in Philips Research China. Philips Research China was established in 2000 and is the 2nd largest Lab of Philips corporate research. In the Healthcare domain, Philips Research China focuses on security solution for Philips healthcare platform and ecosystem, imaging system solutions, chronic disease management, and community and home healthcare tailored for the Chinese market. Philips Research is the source of many advanced developments in Healthcare, Lifestyle and Lighting. Built on 100 years’ experience in industrial research and our world-leading patent position, we’re dedicated to meaningful innovations.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
· PhD in the area of bioinformatics, biomedical engineering, information security, computer science or related. A Master’s degree in the above fields with 5+ years of experience in relevant research areas may also be considered.
· Deep Knowledge in at least two of the following areas:
o Information security management and security architecture design
o Security/privacy regulation, standard and compliance practice.
o The mainstream healthcare interoperability standard, e.g. DICOM, HL7, IHE, Continua, etc.
o Healthcare informatics systems and/or healthcare equipment.
· Previous working experience on standardization is a huge plus.
· Flexible, quick learner and willing to build competence in new area.
· Deep technical knowledge and passion for technology, information, and understanding of industry fundamentals
· 3+ years of experience as researcher or engineer in the area of healthcare information security and/or healthcare informatics with a proven track record of creativity and innovation in academia or industry
· Able to work on multiple projects in parallel
· Highly self-motivated person, who able drive projects forward without detailed guidance
· Excellent interpersonal and English language communication skills (written & verbal.) Capable of presenting complex technical topics in a clear and structured way, ability to moderate discussions, meetings, and projects.
· Experience in working with external partners in product integration and collaboration
In return, we offer you
A path towards your most rewarding career. Philips is growing its marketing capability enterprise wide. Succeeding in this market-based role in a complex environment will open many doors for your long term career, in other areas in Philips or otherwise. We also believe that we are at our best as a company when you are at yours as a person. Thus, we offer competitive health benefits, a flexible work schedule and access to local well-being focused activities.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
Over 125 years ago, Frederik and Gerard Philips started a small light bulb company in Eindhoven. Little did they realize that it would become a global force of innovation, committed to improving billions of lives worldwide. But it did. Today, Philips is a world leading health technology company with a vision to make life better for people worldwide through meaningful innovation. Making good on this promise depends on our passionate, inspirational, collaborative and diverse team. We have over 80,000+ brilliant people around the world but are always looking for more. Like-minded, motivated, focused minds to join us in creating a healthier, more connected society while tranforming themselves personally and professionally. Working at Philips is more than a job. It's an experience filled with unexcepted moments that will transform you in lasting and positive ways. Help us improve the world for the better while building a career that no one could have planned for. Even you.