Philips is a global leader in health technology, committed to improving billions of lives worldwide and striving to make the world healthier and more sustainable through innovation. Driven by the vision of a better tomorrow.
But it’s not just what we do, it’s who we are. We are 80,000, wonderfully unique individuals, with two things in common. An unwavering sense of purpose and a relentless determination to deliver on our customers’ needs. It’s what inspires us to create meaningful solutions – the kind that make a real difference – when it matters most.
The world and our customers’ needs are changing faster than ever before and while we are proud of what we do already, we know we can do more. That’s why we need you, to help us tackle increasingly complex challenges posed by ever evolving health and well-being needs.
Build a high growth business of both hospital and home care solutions that helps improve the lives of millions of people in China, while contributing in the Philips digital transformation journey as a high-valued member of a word-class innovation organization.
You are responsible for
· Leading or supporting in advanced epidemiological data analysis to identify clinical proof points of high risk population and disease management solutions.
· Leading or supporting in conducting clinical/real-world studies in the area of populational health and disease management, including protocol design, regulatory approval, data collection, and data analysis for hypothesis validation and finding new associations.
· Helping identify research directions in relevant areas that potentially have high business impact, based on thorough understanding of unmet needs and up-to-date technological development.
· Contributing to establishing the group know-how and competency on population health, disease management and data analytics.
· Being responsible for smooth and efficient execution of research projects, and endeavor in translating research outcome into business opportunities.
· Actively seeking for open innovation opportunities with universities, institutes and other external knowledge centers, to ensure the success of research projects.
· Managing well the research outcome in the form of IP, internal technical reports and quality publications, where applicable.
· Working along with peer colleagues across projects, groups and labs, remain open in sharing insights and make sure communication goes well and timely.
You are a part of
Philips Research Laboratories, a word-class innovation engine with a history of more than 100 years and numerous inventions that have changed the human history. You will conduct the research in the team of ‘Connected Care and Patient Monitoring’ within the Clinical Solutions department, reporting to Team Leader. You will work with a team of passionate, professional and multi-disciplinary scientists, meantime connecting to the global Research community and related business stakeholders.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
· Master or PhD degree in Medicine, Public Health or alike.
· Excellent research capability demonstrated with good track record (e.g. publications at renowned international journals/conferences). Overseas experience is a strong plus.
· Solid knowledge in public/population health, disease prevention and management and epidemiological data analytics (statistical analysis, machine learning and data mining), and with experiences on clinical trials and real-world studies.
· Up-to-date on the advances in the field of connected care, tele-monitoring and internet/IoT enabled digital healthcare, from both clinical and technology perspectives.
· Hands-on experience of using data analytics and machine learning tools such as MATLAB, SPSS, WEKA, Python and R.
· Passionate on industrial research, eager to learn and open-minded; be flexible and out-of-box thinking; result-oriented, and with a good team spirit.
· Proficient in communication, with good grasp of English both oral and written.
In return, we offer you
A path towards your most rewarding career. Philips is among one of the most innovative companies investing significantly in R&D. Developing and succeeding in this world-class innovation organization will open many doors for your long term career, not only as a scientific researcher, but also as an innovator or leader, in other organizations in Philips or elsewhere. We also believe that we are at our best as a company when you are at yours as a person. Thus, we offer competitive health benefits, a flexible work schedule and access to local well-being focused activities.
How we work at Philips
Our newly-adopted hybrid work concept fuses flexibility with collaboration to deliver great outcomes for our people and our customers. We are embracing an approach wherein we spend more time together than apart – which for full-time employees translates to an average of at least 3 days working from the office and up to 2 days from home – for our hybrid roles.
Hybrid work flexibility means people can meet the changing demands of work and home in the most balanced, productive, and healthy way. Hybrid work flexibility means people can meet the changing demands of work and home in the most balanced, productive, and healthy way.
Our hybrid working model is defined in 3 ways:
We believe in the importance of impactful collaboration: There's a certain energy when everyone’s in the same room that can heighten idea generation and creative friction needed for problem-solving.
We embrace flexibility: Choosing where, when and how to work can vary according to task and team schedules. Flexibility isn’t office or online, it means choosing the space that works best for you, your teams and our customers on a case-by-case basis.
We want to be at our best: The way we work and our workspaces are designed to support our well-being, offer career advancement opportunities, and enable us to be at our best.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on innovative, customer-first health technology solutions. Help us improve the health and well-being of billions of people, every year. Ultimately creating a career that no one could have planned for. Even you.
Over 125 years ago, Frederik and Gerard Philips started a small light bulb company in Eindhoven. Little did they realize that it would become a global force of innovation, committed to improving billions of lives worldwide. But it did. Today, Philips is a world leading health technology company with a vision to make life better for people worldwide through meaningful innovation. Making good on this promise depends on our passionate, inspirational, collaborative and diverse team. We have over 80,000+ brilliant people around the world but are always looking for more. Like-minded, motivated, focused minds to join us in creating a healthier, more connected society while tranforming themselves personally and professionally. Working at Philips is more than a job. It's an experience filled with unexcepted moments that will transform you in lasting and positive ways. Help us improve the world for the better while building a career that no one could have planned for. Even you.