RnD Leader (Oral Healthcare)
In this role, you have the opportunity to
- Drive excellence in product development, from Idea to Market launch, with the various project teams to ensure delivering consumer-medical and consumer value propositions in time and on right quality.
You are responsible for
- Develop innovation strategy and the perfect execution of the innovation roadmap towards OEM/ODM projects, to achieve our short- and long-term business ambitions. The roadmap covers OEM/ODM L4G, G4G projects development and product realization.
- Create a systematic, process-driven approach to partner outreach and relationship management with ODE/OEM partners
- Build a world-class team to by recruiting local talent and technical capabilities to establish this key global site
- Establish a culture of trust, creativity and experimentation - where engineers feel encouraged to go off the beaten track and try out new methods
- Contribute actively to an engaged, innovative, and inspiring working environment in the department with thought leadership, technical proficiency and people leadership
- Challenge status-quo by finding a healthy balance between challenging validated methods and infusing new insights
- Ensure an inclusive and inspiring working environment by mentoring engineers towards growth and unlocking their innovation power
- Collaborate with senior management and stakeholders / teammates to align our internal goals with new and existing partner relationships
- Deploy process improvement and make the projects and organization efficient and transparent
- Enable synergies between projects, teams, businesses processes
You are part of
- Philips Oral Healthcare Business Unit which is committed to bringing our customers the best in-mouth experience we can provide while providing them with the oral healthcare they deserve. With the strong link between oral health and heart health, we are helping people to live longer, healthier lives. Philips Oral Healthcare is also committed to helping each employee reach their own personal goals for development. With the mentoring/coaching programs, stretch assignments, etc., offered to employees, you design your own career path.
- Philips Oral HealthCare RnD team is looking for RnD Leader to lead our CIC center in Shenzhen. We are looking for a forward-thinking inspiring leader to guide our Innovation & Development team in developing and bringing new, innovative and increasingly digital innovations and services around the world. You will be an entrepreneurial leader, who will engage with senior partners across our business and craft our culture to have an expanded appetite for risk and rapid experimentation.
- This position is located in Shenzhen, China with frequent travel to Bothell, USA. This position should be capable of providing support in delivering on accelerating innovations through ODM/OEM partnerships external to Philips.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Master’s Degree or PhD in a technical domain with >10 years of demonstrated experience in a RnD environment, MBA degree with >5 years proven experience is an advantage
- Experience in regulated industry such as FDA/medical/automotive/aviation, etc. is strongly preferred
- Demonstrated experience with building world-class team from scratch in regional sites
- Proven affinity with managing ODM/OEM product development in a business environment, leading several professional teams in different technological areas
- Display strong market, content and technology knowledge as related to ODM/OEM projects – combined with a healthy portion of curiosity and risk-appetite
- Expert knowledge of product development for consumer propositions and/or medical consumer propositions.
- Preferably experience as integral project lead (preferably with PMP certification).
- Experience with contracting and management of 3rd party partnerships
- Working experience with Globally distributed Agile teams.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills. Excellent English-speaking proficiency is a MUST, Mandarin (Chinese) speaking proficiency is required.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strategic thinker, Networking aptitude, Great multitasking skills
In return, we offer you
- Experiences and opportunities that add many unexpected and enriching moments to your lives. Especially when the innovative health technologies and solutions they help develop benefit your own friends and family.
Why should you join Philips?
- Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 2.5 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
Over 125 years ago, Frederik and Gerard Philips started a small light bulb company in Eindhoven.
Little did they realize that it would become a global force of innovation, committed to
improving billions of lives worldwide. But it did.
Today, Philips is a world leading health technology company with a vision to make life better
for people worldwide through meaningful innovation. Making good on this promise depends on our
passionate, inspirational, collaborative and diverse team.
We have over 80,000+ brilliant people around the world but are always looking for more.
Like-minded, motivated, focused minds to join us in creating a healthier, more connected society
while tranforming themselves personally and professionally.
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's an experience filled with unexcepted moments that
will transform you in lasting and positive ways. Help us improve the world for the better while
building a career that no one could have planned for. Even you.