GRC Construction Project Manager
The GRC Construction Project Manager works across the Great China region and provides PM services to green field, brown field or restack projects in industry and office fit out projects, including equipment, infrastructure and other tangible assets at the Philips locations with primary focus at south China region. This position manages external service providers to drive project realization. He or she manages all work-streams engaged to deliver real estate construction projects with total investment value up to €5mio and drive the process for senior stakeholders to make well-informed and timely decisions and collaborate with Philips subject matter experts to make sure all contributing work-streams are productive and effective towards delivering successful project outcomes. Can work independently, but receive some guidance and direction from manager then determines best approach to accomplish work, solves complex problems and takes a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions, with ability to articulate region-based delivery issues and work with the manager to develop globally aligned solutions.
Individual contributor typically reporting to the APAC Constriction Project Manager.
· Minimum bachelor degree in a relevant construction discipline (Project Management, Architect, Engineering, Quantity Surveying. Relevant accreditation preferred (PMI, APM, Prince II or similar)
· 8+ (preferred 10+) years of experience in project management, with additional skills depending on the discipline (construction management, architectural design, engineering design).
· Extensive experience in delivering property projects including alternative workplace solutions (tele-work, remote management, virtual workforce, and facilities operations)
· Knowledge of design Health & Safety requirements.
· Ability to work remotely with limited supervision
· China & English language proficiency (CET 6 or equivalent)
· Solid analytical and financial acumen, experience in managing project financials
· Ability to successful influence decision makers, always acting with business integrity. Must be able to work within our governance structure and to standardized systems, processes and tools
· Solid experience of project management software tools
· Technical knowledge for data collection, interpretation for executive decision making (including ROI) and feasibility studies across their region
· Knowledge of the area of expertise (LEED certification, AutoCAD experience; portfolio management, NVI, RE processes, …)
· Ability to effectively present and influence change, acceptance with key stakeholders (incl. external service providers).
· Project delivery in line with APAC construction project manager’s expectations and oversight
· Drives and is accountable for project budget management and project execution within Philips project processes and framework.
· Assertiveness and win/win conflict resolution;
· Ability to work in a matrix structure in a collaborative networked environment with strict procedures and processes;
• No direct reports.
Key Performance Indicators:
· Project outputs delivered according to project charter (milestone, scope, user alignment & expected result)
· Customer Satisfaction (VOC)
· Project delivered within the budget
Over 125 years ago, Frederik and Gerard Philips started a small light bulb company in Eindhoven. Little did they realize that it would become a global force of innovation, committed to improving billions of lives worldwide. But it did. Today, Philips is a world leading health technology company with a vision to make life better for people worldwide through meaningful innovation. Making good on this promise depends on our passionate, inspirational, collaborative and diverse team. We have over 80,000+ brilliant people around the world but are always looking for more. Like-minded, motivated, focused minds to join us in creating a healthier, more connected society while tranforming themselves personally and professionally. Working at Philips is more than a job. It's an experience filled with unexcepted moments that will transform you in lasting and positive ways. Help us improve the world for the better while building a career that no one could have planned for. Even you.