Senior Lean Operations Engineer
In this role, you have the opportunity to
- Evaluation and recommendation of operational process re-design, implementation of process improvements, effective collaboration, innovation, problem solving, change management, storytelling, and communication at the supplier executive level as well as with front line staff.
- Onsite supplier support / coordination as part of an assigned STET SPIT project team
- Review and optimization of supplier production floor practices to support scrap mitigation, product quality improvement, in support of TCO objectives
- support and execution of Global SPIT (Supplier Process Ideation Team) strategies to achieve KPI goals
- Support on-site/off-site project supplier quality development through Global SPIT (Supplier Process Ideation Team) technical assessment and quality system audits where needed
You are responsible for
- Effectively assess processes, identify opportunities for improvement, quantify impact and translate customer needs into efficient, effective, and streamlined processes within supplier business operations
- Execute transformational quality initiatives through the application of Value Stream Mapping, Systemic Problem Solving, Statistical Data Analysis and End-to-End Process Improvements including process re-design where applicable
- Review, analyze and report statistical findings through critical thought and storytelling of key findings and opportunities to all levels within a matrixed organization
- Liaise and work closely with the Philips STET SPIT team members, supplier operations team, and other business partners to own the delivery of short-term containment and long-term strategic projects to support the Philips STET mission and vision
- Interact with stakeholders to share diagnostics, build future state process designs, integrate, and build quality error proofing into processes and present implementation recommendations with a balance between short term gains and strategic imperatives
- Provide leadership on business process improvement and drive forward a culture of continuous improvement and efficiency at key suppliers
- Partner to identify critical to quality metrics, and support the operationalization of monitoring and management to deliver improved performance across business processes
- Leverage a broad base of quality engineering tools and problem-solving methodologies to deliver bottom-line impacting and continual process improvements
- Acquire an understanding of and document current state process at supplier and share with Philips STET SPIT business operations
- Analyze supplier processes, data, and systems to identify improvement opportunities and make improvement recommendations
- Evaluate downstream business systems, processes, and / or organizational impacts and identify risks and barriers
- Create effective and compelling visual materials/presentations that support the process improvement impact to the organization and adequately represent the impact to quality, cost, and time
- Develop and maintain work plans, time schedules, project task lists, and status reports
- Provide direction, guidance, and support to other project team members
- Define, track, and monitor key success measures associated with projects
- Successfully deploy and support change management and appropriate training plans
- Develop and maintain appropriate relationships with all stakeholders to facilitate the successful accomplishment of key quality initiatives. Ensure effective communication with all internal stakeholders throughout the project
- Build and present business cases for Executive Leadership review and approval, including estimates on benefit, effort, resource needs, and timing
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering / technology
- Certified Six Sigma Black Belt
- 10+ years of experience in process improvement, design/re-design and implementation of permanent and continuous corrective actions
- 10+ years of experience leading problem-solving efforts with cross-functional teams to delivering business improvements stemming from complex, large scale business problems
- 10+ years of experience driving quality implementation, standardization, and adoption within a complex/matrixed environment
- 10+ years of experience delivering process re-design and/or best practice implementation, utilizing Lean, Continuous Improvement, Quality/Systems Engineering and Six Sigma approaches to achieve results
- 10+ years of specific and successful experience using Value Stream Mapping, Kaizen, Process (Gemba) walks, FMEA, systemic problem-solving techniques and DMAIC Process implementation, to identify, prioritize, and communicate continuous improvement opportunities
- 7+ years of demonstrated proven Kaizen project leadership and/or program management experience
- 7+ years of demonstrated proven mentoring leadership in a management capacity
- 7+ years of experience in a global based company corporate setting
- 7+ years of experience in automotive, aerospace or health care operations
- 7+ years of experience influencing and mentoring people through clear/concise storytelling at all levels in the organization on key decisions and strategies to drive change
- Proven application of quality engineering, lean/six sigma and/or process improvement principles
- Proven leadership skills including mobilizing and leading people in cross functional teams, with excellent interpersonal and organization/management skills and an ability to motivate teams to accomplish shared goals under stringent timelines
- Self-starter that demonstrates accountability and ownership of their work, capable of precisely communicating by providing relevant information to different levels of leadership and cross functional groups through appropriate communication channels, and a team player willing to freely share knowledge, resources, and information
- Data driven, yet comfortable with ambiguity and able to balance a bias for action with an understanding of appropriate risk
- Ability to prioritize, run multiple parallel projects and deliver on time with outstanding quality of content and form
In return, we offer you
A path towards your most rewarding career. Philips is growing its marketing capability enterprise wide. Succeeding in this market-based role in a complex environment will open many doors for your long term career, in other areas in Philips or otherwise. We also believe that we are at our best as a company when you are at yours as a person. Thus, we offer competitive health benefits, a flexible work schedule and access to local well-being focused activities.
- A professional but fun workplace, A healthy work-life balance environment;
- An energetic, genuine, inventive, supportive and dynamic team atmosphere;
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
Over 125 years ago, Frederik and Gerard Philips started a small light bulb company in Eindhoven.
Little did they realize that it would become a global force of innovation, committed to
improving billions of lives worldwide. But it did.
Today, Philips is a world leading health technology company with a vision to make life better
for people worldwide through meaningful innovation. Making good on this promise depends on our
passionate, inspirational, collaborative and diverse team.
We have over 80,000+ brilliant people around the world but are always looking for more.
Like-minded, motivated, focused minds to join us in creating a healthier, more connected society
while tranforming themselves personally and professionally.
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's an experience filled with unexcepted moments that
will transform you in lasting and positive ways. Help us improve the world for the better while
building a career that no one could have planned for. Even you.