Senior System Engineer
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 2.5 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there,you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
We are searching for a passionate Senior Systems Engineer to join us as we strengthen our product portfolio, expand our services and solutions, and bring game-changing technology to market. This team member will be responsible for working collaboratively with a team of cross-functional engineers.
We’re looking for the candidate to have the following qualities:
- Curious, smart, and creative
- Good judgment and decision making skills
- Positive attitude
- Takes Ownership
- Excellent communicator and mentor
- 5+ years experience in a medical or other regulated industry (medical desired)
- Assists with the “High Level” systems view of our product design (architecture and system requirements) and how it fits within a larger product portfolio, including ensuring proper allocation and ownership of requirements to the subsystem and component levels.
- Derives requirements from high-level marketing requirements into product-level functional requirements.
- Works hand in hand with the program manager, product manager, and cross-functional leads to ensure the overall product/solution system integrity from concept to end-of-life of the product, including meeting all expectations from major stakeholders like manufacturing, quality, regulatory bodies, and reliability in addition to customers and patients.
- Provides internal and external customer interface to arbitrate key architecture conflicts.
- Owns the safety risk management implementation and compliance.
- Coordinates with User Interface, Engineering, Marketing, Procurement, Operations, and V&V teams.
- Leads and participates in design reviews, including reviews of design inputs and outputs.
- Keeps abreast of new developments in all relevant technological domains.
- Advises on change requests for system and related products.
- Provides technical leadership to ensure overall product development success.
- BS in relevant engineering field (MS degree preferred).
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in embedded hardware development, ideally in a regulated industry.
- Experience with the following standards is preferred, but not least: ISO 14971, IEC 60601-1, IEC 62304, IEC 60601-2-4, and/or IEC 60601-1-2.
- Has in-depth understanding of both hardware and software for integrated products.
- Strong understanding of safety risk management, including FMEA, design mitigations, and compliance to risk management standards.
- Working knowledge of tools and processes related to system configuration management from specifications development, traceability, version control, defect tracking, and field feedback.
Over 125 years ago, Frederik and Gerard Philips started a small light bulb company in Eindhoven.
Little did they realize that it would become a global force of innovation, committed to
improving billions of lives worldwide. But it did.
Today, Philips is a world leading health technology company with a vision to make life better
for people worldwide through meaningful innovation. Making good on this promise depends on our
passionate, inspirational, collaborative and diverse team.
We have over 80,000+ brilliant people around the world but are always looking for more.
Like-minded, motivated, focused minds to join us in creating a healthier, more connected society
while tranforming themselves personally and professionally.
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's an experience filled with unexcepted moments that
will transform you in lasting and positive ways. Help us improve the world for the better while
building a career that no one could have planned for. Even you.