Senior Electrical Engineer
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Be an integral part of the monitoring solutions development team and have the opportunity to work with the group of world-class, hardware team who develop products that help save lives all over the world.
You are responsible for
- Responsible for the design, check and optimization, realization and integration, life-cycle management, and verification of (elements and parts of) products, systems and/or solutions.
- Develops the work with focus on user and business requirements, compliance, quality and cost. Develops high level and detailed designs in accordance with the product requirements and Philips reference architecture requirements
- Combines existing and/or purchased elements and parts into (elements of) products, systems and/or solutions.
- Finalizes the design and integration, and writes verification plans for the developed elements and parts. Tests, analyses and verifies the quality of the design.
- Maintains an outside-in approach for the designs created.
- Is responsible for delivering input in the planning process to the project manager. Draws up personal schedules and reports on progress in a structured and methodical way.
- Ensures that documentation takes place according to the provided templates from the design control processes
- Carries out, independently and according to own judgement, targeted development assignments, the broad outlines of which have already been indicated. Develops parts of a new product according to technical specifications on the basis of familiar technologies
You are a part of
The advanced electrical engineer will be one member of the hardware team in our defibrillator Monitor development group within the ECR Business Innovation Unit (BIU)
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- 5+ years of strong, technical experience
- Experience with medical device development preferred
- BS in electrical engineering required, MS in electrical engineering is preferred
- Viewed as a technical leader in one or more areas: Analog, digital and/or firmware development, experience on FPGA design and HDL(Verilog or VHDL) development are preferred.
- PCA schematic and PCB design BOM design.
- Experience Smart Lithium battery charging and discharging circuit, protection circuit development.
- Experience with design and test for EMC
- Experience with DOE, DfX and FMEAs
- Experience in medical device design and strong medical IEC/ISO standard preferred
- Continual improvement focused, self-directed and creative
- Strong ability of writing the report of issue analysis and presenting the report in team with English
In return, we offer you
A promising professional career development platform. Work in the medical industry brings much fulfillment, as well as unique challenges; you will be empowered to drive groundbreaking innovations with a globally recognized, premium brand behind you.
Over 125 years ago, Frederik and Gerard Philips started a small light bulb company in Eindhoven.
Little did they realize that it would become a global force of innovation, committed to
improving billions of lives worldwide. But it did.
Today, Philips is a world leading health technology company with a vision to make life better
for people worldwide through meaningful innovation. Making good on this promise depends on our
passionate, inspirational, collaborative and diverse team.
We have over 80,000+ brilliant people around the world but are always looking for more.
Like-minded, motivated, focused minds to join us in creating a healthier, more connected society
while tranforming themselves personally and professionally.
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's an experience filled with unexcepted moments that
will transform you in lasting and positive ways. Help us improve the world for the better while
building a career that no one could have planned for. Even you.