Philips is a global leader in health technology, committed to improving billions of lives worldwide and striving to make the world healthier and more sustainable through innovation. Driven by the vision of a better tomorrow.
But it’s not just what we do, it’s who we are. We are 80,000, wonderfully unique individuals, with two things in common. An unwavering sense of purpose and a relentless determination to deliver on our customers’ needs. It’s what inspires us to create meaningful solutions – the kind that make a real difference – when it matters most.
The world and our customers’ needs are changing faster than ever before and while we are proud of what we do already, we know we can do more. That’s why we need you, to help us tackle increasingly complex challenges posed by ever evolving health and well-being needs.
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Create strategic impact by engaging early in the Advanced Development & Product Development Lifecycle Maintenance (PDLM) projects to deploy innovative solutions from the supplier base for cost, quality & risk, to industrialize the suppliers and to transfer the projects to Manufacturing & Procurement
You are responsible for
· Drive the sourcing plan for New Product projects using I2M Planner
· Execute the sourcing plan deliverables to ensure project targets are achieved for cost, quality, risk and optimized TCO. Influence targets based external competitive benchmarks
· Orchestrate and assemble the sourcing grid details for the NPI BoM in partnership with Procurement and bring to Sourcing Board for decision
· Assemble and engage suppliers on project BoM RFPs using Ariba e-RFQ
· Conduct DfX activities to identify opportunity to improve product cost, quality and risk
· Conduct early supplier innovation events to bring suppliers earlier in the product innovation process
· Influence R&D and capture supplier innovation in the products to optimize the propositions and achieve the best value for Philips and its customers
· Develop innovative solutions to simplify, standardize or platform components or assemblies across the portfolio
· Influence design specifications to ensure applicability to broad technology, supplier and part capability
· Lead the Product Sourcing Swim lane PDLM pre-gate reviews. Ensure deliverables and targets are achieved for cost, quality & risk
· Manage Phase In/Out of the new product projects and transfer to OMM for production
· Ensure supplier readiness and installed capacity for NPI launch and ramp
· Monitor production post release to build product cost roadmaps to drive improvements in cost, quality, risk
· Develop ideas and opportunities for product cost reduction and quality improvement and enter into the SMRS funnel (IL0)
You are a part of
A professional Product Sourcing and Sustaining Engineering team working closely with R&D, Procurement and project teams and having global exposure.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
· Education: Bachelor (preferably Master) degree in a relevant engineering discipline
An engineering professional providing cost reduction, quality improvement, and risk reduction via supplier engagement in Advanced Development & Product Development Lifecycle Maintenance (PDLM) projects.
A cost engineering professional providing valuable cost insights into the business
Considered to be a key partner in significant product cost reduction activities, in early phase innovation or in the manufacturing phase.
Contributes to developing the cost engineering function.
· Competencies and skills: Fluent English
In return, we offer you
We offer experiences and opportunities working in a global team with focus on technology and innovation that add many unexpected and enriching moments to our employees’ lives. Especially when the innovative health technologies and solutions they help develop benefit their own friends and family.
How we work at Philips
Our newly-adopted hybrid work concept fuses flexibility with collaboration to deliver great outcomes for our people and our customers. We are embracing an approach wherein we spend more time together than apart – which for full-time employees translates to an average of at least 3 days working from the office and up to 2 days from home – for our hybrid roles.
Hybrid work flexibility means people can meet the changing demands of work and home in the most balanced, productive, and healthy way.
Our hybrid working model is defined in 3 ways:
We believe in the importance of impactful collaboration: There's a certain energy when everyone’s in the same room that can heighten idea generation and creative friction needed for problem-solving.
We embrace flexibility: Choosing where, when and how to work can vary according to task and team schedules. Flexibility isn’t office or online, it means choosing the space that works best for you, your teams and our customers on a case-by-case basis.
We want to be at our best: The way we work and our workspaces are designed to support our well-being, offer career advancement opportunities, and enable us to be at our best.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on innovative, customer-first health technology solutions. Help us improve the health and well-being of billions of people, every year. Ultimately creating a career that no one could have planned for. Even you.
Over 125 years ago, Frederik and Gerard Philips started a small light bulb company in Eindhoven. Little did they realize that it would become a global force of innovation, committed to improving billions of lives worldwide. But it did. Today, Philips is a world leading health technology company with a vision to make life better for people worldwide through meaningful innovation. Making good on this promise depends on our passionate, inspirational, collaborative and diverse team. We have over 80,000+ brilliant people around the world but are always looking for more. Like-minded, motivated, focused minds to join us in creating a healthier, more connected society while tranforming themselves personally and professionally. Working at Philips is more than a job. It's an experience filled with unexcepted moments that will transform you in lasting and positive ways. Help us improve the world for the better while building a career that no one could have planned for. Even you.