Site Procurement Lead
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on innovative, customer-first health technology solutions. Help us improve the health and well-being of billions of people, every year. Ultimately creating a career that no one could have planned for. Even you.
In this role, you have the opportunity to
- On-site execution of global Procurement programs on behalf of Procurement Engineering and/or Commodity Management. The role is manufacturing site related and Procurement link with Suppliers for the execution of cost down and new product introduction projects supporting Strategic buyers and project teams.
You are responsible for
- As a Procurement Project Management Site Lead based in Zhuhai factory, you represent procurement in the site management team and lead a team that delivers procurement support in the end2end value chain for Zhuhai site.
- You work with a DfX mindset and make use of approaches like co-design or value engineering workshops. You ensure procurement related risks (cost, quality and availability) are controlled and mitigated, by bringing the relevant procurement colleagues into the equation.
- Another important responsibility is driving cost downs activities. You identify strategic cost reduction in the portfolio and for products in production. In new product development, you drive savings in close cooperation with Marketing, Quality, SCM and Development & Commodity Management. In this way, you deliver a significant contribution to business cases and product roadmaps. To enable this, you understand cost drivers and the power of standardization.
- Finally, yet importantly, you participate and drive DFX (VA/VE etc) projects supporting business decisions in a convention-based forum.
You are a part of
- Site Management Team (MT), report to Procurement Business Partner
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Education: Bachelor degree or above, major in a relevant technical discipline.
- At least 10 yrs. work experience, professional with 5~7 years proven record of accomplishment in procurement related functions in MNCs, experience in consumer electronics, medical industrial is preferred.
- Have experience in DFX, VE, LEAN or Six Sigma is a plus.
- Experience in New Product Introduction Process is required
- Expert in initiating and driving cost down projects, Knowledge leader regarding costing toolset (Should Costing, NPV, TCO) in projects.
- Competency and Skills :
- A team player who is both proactive and cooperative; easily gains trust and support of peers; encourages collaboration and challenges constructively.
- Team Leadership Experience is required.
- Can think strategically and is at the same time hands-on. Delivers results.
- Understands and is able to challenge blue prints and specifications.
- Experience in international and multidisciplinary project teams is required.
- Good English and Chinese Language capability is necessary.
In return, we offer you
- A path towards your most rewarding career. Philips is one of the best in-class organization, which offers you big exposure and long-term career development such as internal transfer and international mobility opportunities.
Over 125 years ago, Frederik and Gerard Philips started a small light bulb company in Eindhoven.
Little did they realize that it would become a global force of innovation, committed to
improving billions of lives worldwide. But it did.
Today, Philips is a world leading health technology company with a vision to make life better
for people worldwide through meaningful innovation. Making good on this promise depends on our
passionate, inspirational, collaborative and diverse team.
We have over 80,000+ brilliant people around the world but are always looking for more.
Like-minded, motivated, focused minds to join us in creating a healthier, more connected society
while tranforming themselves personally and professionally.
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's an experience filled with unexcepted moments that
will transform you in lasting and positive ways. Help us improve the world for the better while
building a career that no one could have planned for. Even you.