Senior Quality Manager
Philips is a global leader in health technology, committed to improving billions of lives worldwide and striving to make the world healthier and more sustainable through innovation. Driven by the vision of a better tomorrow.
But it’s not just what we do, it’s who we are. We are 80,000, wonderfully unique individuals, with two things in common. An unwavering sense of purpose and a relentless determination to deliver on our customers’ needs. It’s what inspires us to create meaningful solutions – the kind that make a real difference – when it matters most.
The world and our customers’ needs are changing faster than ever before and while we are proud of what we do already, we know we can do more. That’s why we need you, to help us tackle increasingly complex challenges posed by ever evolving health and well-being needs.
In this role, you have the opportunity to make life better
- Looking at the challenges the world is facing today Philips’ purpose has never been more relevant. So, whatever your role, if you share our passion for helping others, you’ll be working towards creating a better and fairer future for all.
You are responsible for
- Formulate and implement the Business’ long-range quality, regulatory and compliance policy, and to lead and direct organizational development and process. Improvement in such a way as to ensure that the Business strategic policy and strategic growth targets are met.
- Create Quality awareness level as determined within the organization.
- Enforce (a simplified) quality systems and harmonizes them across the
Business sites and Sector; establish an effective Management Review
process, including routine reporting.
- Introduce and implement the quality processes and tools required to ensure product quality and customer satisfaction.
- Manage compliance to FDA regulations and other Regulatory Agencies as required, guidelines and policies to all products and operations are consistent with those regulations.
- Manage the review and approval of finished products manufactured for and by the company in accordance with their approved specifications. Includes Complaint handling.
- Manage all inspections and questions relating to the operation of the manufacturing sites in coordination with all other applicable company groups
- Manage product recall activities to include recall policies and procedures for the company. Additionally, manage product compliant activities and processes.
- Direct the Audit Program for the organization.
- Draft and manage the strategic improvement processes (‘breakthrough Program’) in the Business (One Page Strategy, Hoshin Plan).
- Interact with all areas involved in the product development process, customer services and sales and marketing and provide direction and consultation
You are a part of
- Site Q&R Management team, leading around 70 persons in Shenzhen and reports to Head of Q&R in USA.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelor’s degree or above, engineering discipline is preferred.
- 7+ years of experience in the medical device industry is required, particularly QSR and ISO 13485
- Familiar with Medical manufacturing/operations quality management system and implementation
- 5+ years of team management experience
- Strong leadership/influencing skills
- Fluent language skills English and Chinese are required
In return, we offer you
- A path towards your most rewarding career.
Why should you join Philips?
- Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on innovative, customer-first health technology solutions. Help us improve the health and well-being of billions of people, every year. Ultimately creating a career that no one could have planned for. Even you.
Over 125 years ago, Frederik and Gerard Philips started a small light bulb company in Eindhoven.
Little did they realize that it would become a global force of innovation, committed to
improving billions of lives worldwide. But it did.
Today, Philips is a world leading health technology company with a vision to make life better
for people worldwide through meaningful innovation. Making good on this promise depends on our
passionate, inspirational, collaborative and diverse team.
We have over 80,000+ brilliant people around the world but are always looking for more.
Like-minded, motivated, focused minds to join us in creating a healthier, more connected society
while tranforming themselves personally and professionally.
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's an experience filled with unexcepted moments that
will transform you in lasting and positive ways. Help us improve the world for the better while
building a career that no one could have planned for. Even you.