Product Manager L4L - Systems/IT
Philips is a global leader in health technology, committed to improving billions of lives worldwide and striving to make the world healthier and more sustainable through innovation. Driven by the vision of a better tomorrow.
But it’s not just what we do, it’s who we are. We are 80,000, wonderfully unique individuals, with two things in common. An unwavering sense of purpose and a relentless determination to deliver on our customers’ needs. It’s what inspires us to create meaningful solutions – the kind that make a real difference – when it matters most.
The world and our customers’ needs are changing faster than ever before and while we are proud of what we do already, we know we can do more. That’s why we need you, to help us tackle increasingly complex challenges posed by ever evolving health and well-being needs.
In this role, you have the opportunity to:
- Contribute to fundamentally improving people’s Health & Well-being, through meaningful innovation.
- We have a unique opportunity for a Product Manager for China based innovation to join the highly successful and leading Hospital Patient Monitoring business that is in the heart of Connected Care and Philips. You will be part of a truly international work environment.
The role is open to Shenzhen or Shanghai
You are responsible for:
- As Product Manager with a dedicated focus on developing and expanding solutions to serve China and some selected global regions from Philips Chinese innovation footprint. The focus will be systems (monitoring central station, IT infrastructure) as opposed to devices
- You will drive the definition, development, and introduction of targeted winning propositions from the acute care patient management portfolio with an initial specialized focus for the Chinese market and then overtime expanding coverage to additional priority markets. You will be responsible for driving and executing the strategy to deliver localization of our global portfolio and tailor solutions to specific market conditions. Identify tensions specific to personas in priority markets and generate how to win propositions and go-to-market approaches tailored to local conditions.
Some key expectations
- Drive all product management deliverables including business plans, pricing, positioning, promotional strategies, life cycle plans and advising on future product developments.
- Ensure that Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) are exceeded for the assigned product line.
- Lead solution strategies through ideation, into launch and execution to maximize product/portfolio growth and profitability.
- Analyze and report regularly on product forecasts via highly data driven metrics.
- Formulate new downstream promotional strategies, to succeed in life cycle management and based on competitive marketplace activity.
- Manage project budgets and quickly analyze data to determine ROI on marketing programs and modify programs accordingly.
- Develop comprehensive sales and end-user training plans in collaboration with training and education.
- Routinely communicate with the sales force and market stakeholders regarding product updates and availability, competitive activity, sales positioning, best practices.
- Engage and actively maintain close collaboration with key thought leaders (KTLs) to maximize their participation in launch & corporate activities.
- Lead tradeshow activities for product, solutions and support in person where required.
- Collaborate with upstream marketing, training and education, and clinical research counterparts to translate activities into marketplace success.
- Provide expert knowledge of market conditions for priority markets like China to create market specific evolved customer segmentations, identification of key customer aspirations and tensions that lead to targeted how to win propositions and strong business cases
- Ability to co-create and partner with senior leadership in markets and the business to generate market specific portfolio ecosystem strategy, trigger potential organic and inorganic growth possibilities and define focused ambition and roadmap plans.
You are a part of
- The Philips Hospital Patient Monitoring Business that is responsible for global marketing, development and manufacturing of patient management systems and solutions throughout the care continuum of patients in the hospitals. You will be part of the Acute Patient Management China portfolio product marketing team that focuses on both upstream and downstream marketing deliverables, including new product development and go-to-market strategies. This position can be based in Shenzhen or Shanghai, China. You will report to the Category Leader.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent preferably in biological/ clinical science, marketing or business preferred.
- A minimum of 8 years of medical device/medical products and/or solutions, marketing experience in an international business environment is required,
- Previous experience on medical devices product management strongly desirable,
- Healthcare industry experience with markets in China is required, international market experience is a plus.
- Experience in medical IT related product/solutions is highly preferred.
- Solid spoken and written English and Chinese is required
- Highly entrepreneurial and eager with a natural affinity for healthcare business, an interest in acute and critical care domains within healthcare with a market and customer driven mind-set
- Strong analytical skills and the passion to drive business growth. Ability to think creatively and pragmatically and convert product/customer feedback into valuable insights that can help drive the development of new marketing programs
- Must have a good understanding of the global medical environment to effectively respond to global market concerns and provide technical support for products
- Experience with definition of value propositions and product launches
- Ability to competently represent the Company at professional functions and customer meetings
- A healthy disdain for the status quo, and a willingness to question existing practices to identify better alternatives
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and be flexible enough to change priorities with short notice when necessary
- Ability to succeed in a rapidly changing, agile environment where continuous innovation is requisite to success.
- Experience working in a matrixed environment with distributed accountabilities and unclear precedents. Must be able to work in a team and independently with minimal direction.
In return, we offer you
A path towards your most rewarding career. Philips is growing its marketing capability enterprise wide. Succeeding in this market-based role in a complex environment will open many doors for your long term career, in other areas in Philips or otherwise. We also believe that we are at our best as a company when you are at yours as a person. Thus, we offer competitive health benefits, a flexible work schedule and access to local well-being focused activities.
· A professional but fun workplace, A healthy work-life balance environment.
· An energetic, genuine, inventive, supportive and dynamic team atmosphere.
How we work at Philips
Our newly-adopted hybrid work concept fuses flexibility with collaboration to deliver great outcomes for our people and our customers. We are embracing an approach wherein we spend more time together than apart – which for full-time employees translates to an average of at least 3 days working from the office and up to 2 days from home – for our hybrid roles.
Hybrid work flexibility means people can meet the changing demands of work and home in the most balanced, productive, and healthy way.
Our hybrid working model is defined in 3 ways:
We believe in the importance of impactful collaboration: There's a certain energy when everyone’s in the same room that can heighten idea generation and creative friction needed for problem-solving.
We embrace flexibility: Choosing where, when and how to work can vary according to task and team schedules. Flexibility isn’t office or online, it means choosing the space that works best for you, your teams and our customers on a case-by-case basis.
We want to be at our best: The way we work and our workspaces are designed to support our well-being, offer career advancement opportunities, and enable us to be at our best.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on innovative, customer-first health technology solutions. Help us improve the health and well-being of billions of people, every year. Ultimately creating a career that no one could have planned for. Even you.